August 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where on earth is everyone finding these Tabac pucks? I'm getting worried I am going to miss out. haha.
All ready for long term storage.

51382772972_ddf1eafc38_c.jpg

$15 off local FB marketplace. Apparently the grandad didn't use this lot, instead he kept up his visits to the barber.
Lots of not terrible blades I hope, and a new unused Comoy TTO razor ($27 price tag on box) that may, or may not get used.
For $15, I'll chance this cheap lot!

axh8Aq0.jpg
I think you got your money's worth just with those Gillette Bleue blades (y)

That is so goddamn impressive!!
This Tabac thing is getting out of control. I had a dream I bought 2 pucks of Tabac and completely forgot and it just randomly arrived at my door. hahaha So Ridiculous! I mean, who orders just two pucks of Tabac refills!?!

I’m thinking of the you in 30-40 years wanting his fresh Yardley Lavender smell and the box puts the icing on the cake for him.
Fair enough. The Yardley wooden tubs did sometimes get a bit ratty and warped. And I guess there's the possibility that you might smash your Tabac bowl. :eek: (Let's not think about that.) However, I think my turned aluminium O&C tub might just survive a direct hit from a ballistic missile, so as long as the soap's OK, I'm good. At the moment, I'm budgeting on 10 years at a time. I might just have enough O&C for that if I'm very, very careful. I'll definitely never have that much Yardley Lavender, fresh or otherwise. 40 might be stretching it a bit...

Fair enough. The Yardley wooden tubs did sometimes get a bit ratty and warped. And I guess there's the possibility that you might smash your Tabac bowl. :eek: (Let's not think about that.) However, I think my turned aluminium O&C tub might just survive a direct hit from a ballistic missile, so as long as the soap's OK, I'm good. At the moment, I'm budgeting on 10 years at a time. I might just have enough O&C for that if I'm very, very careful. I'll definitely never have that much Yardley Lavender, fresh or otherwise. 40 might be stretching it a bit...
I have a spare bowl on the way. It would suck if in 15 years I lost my current one. I’d like to think that after I’ve kicked it that I leave some 😜 wet shaver with a grail mint in box soap that still has its original smell.

Picked up some badger knots from Maggards. These will go to storage.

Um9OOpZ.jpg

I also picked up two sleeves of Gillette Yellows from VSHOD, and I got a sleeve of Platinum for free because they didn’t have the Silver Blues that I also ordered. I think the Silver Blues and Yellows are my favourite blades.

q3NHIXH.jpg

I found this Sistema box from Woolies/Coles. It’s really good for storing blade sleeves in the bottom compartment, and brush knots, and other shaving gear in the top compartment. Very satisfying fit.

kJAnqBZ.jpg

Mc8RK15.jpg

KV675KR.jpg

Picked up some badger knots from Maggards. These will go to storage.

Um9OOpZ.jpg

I also picked up two sleeves of Gillette Yellows from VSHOD, and I got a sleeve of Platinum for free because they didn’t have the Silver Blues that I also ordered. I think the Silver Blues and Yellows are my favourite blades.

q3NHIXH.jpg

I found this Sistema box from Woolies/Coles. It’s really good for storing blade sleeves in the bottom compartment, and brush knots, and other shaving gear in the top compartment. Very satisfying fit.

kJAnqBZ.jpg

Mc8RK15.jpg

KV675KR.jpg
Great suggestion for those tubs as looking for something to store my blades and accessories that isn't a draw.

Highly rate those Maggard SHD knots as they're as dense as a Rhodium and equally soft and lather machines!!!

a787bCp.jpg

Mailcall from Top of the Chain. Canada to Australia from 30 July 2021 to 21 August 2021. Just bang on 3 weeks, which isn't bad considering. Logistics by Asendia has vastly improved since earlier this year.

The one I really wanted was Zingari Man Coconut Nanas. Missed the first drop, was glad to pick it up on the restock. The others were ones I was curious about and purchased to spread the shipping cost.

Zingari Man - Coconut Nanas - Actually smells exactly like I thought it would be. Creamy coconut with pineapple and peach and a touch of frangipani in the background. The floral aspect keeps it from being a gourmand.

PAA - Atomic Age Bay Rum - Was curious about this since I love ZM The Nomad so much. I lean toward more cleaner, modern takes of Bay Rum versus more traditional formulations (with clove). This version by PAA smells very bright, sweet, clean, definitely a version of bay in there. And lemon. The sweetness kind of reminds me of lemon squash with rum.

FLS - Delmar Blvd - Is a dupe of a scent I've never heard of. You get the floral from the violet and the creamyness of the vanilla. Blueberry's in there too, in the background. I sort of had the idea it might be similar to HoM Mood Indigo (which I love). Sort of, but not quite. But I like the approach FLS has taken. First time using FLS V3 base, will have to see how it stacks up to my favourites.

Catie's Bubbles - Knee High to a Grape - Just like grape Fanta. It's fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.