AusFarce or AusFantastic?

the parcel is due to leave Chullora " very soon"
You reckon they’ll leave Chullora very soon

D7gbq40.gif

I’ve generally had good luck with AusPost.
Well apart from the occasional package that had been sent to the wrong address... luckily the packages have always ended up being delivered to someone I know & so they eventually made it to me.

I’ve generally had good luck with AusPost.
Well apart from the occasional package that had been sent to the wrong address... luckily the packages have always ended up being delivered to someone I know & so they eventually made it to me.

I love that you're so chill about that. In the city if stuff went to the wrong house you would never see it again.

OK, I have to get this off my chest ....

The building where our office is had the NBN connected recently (FTTB - nice!) and I was the first to sign up - Thursday the week before last. I rang the following day to order a new modem/router realising the existing one would not do VDSL.

NBN install booked in for a week after I ordered the service - (y)

Modem/Router posted the day I ordered - (y)

Modem/Router received at the local ACT AusPost Distribution Centre - 10 minutes drive from the office - last Sunday evening - (y)

h4VyOKbl.png

NBN install confirmed for last Thursday - (y)

NBN install completed last Thursday - (y)

NBN tech tells me we have good speeds to the office - (y)

Modem/Router not delivered Thursday morning - (n)

Customer Enquiry lodged with AusPost - told that based on standard deliver times it should be delivered that day (ignoring that it has been sitting 10 minutes away since Sunday) - (n)

Modem/Router not delivered Friday morning - (n)

Emailed Customer Service - told that was unusual (still not acknowledgement that it was just down the road) and asked for more information to allow them to investigate - (n)

Provided information and told by Customer Service that an investigation could take 10 business days - (n)

Emailed Customer Service asking why it would take 10 business days when according to their tracking it was sitting 10 minutes away - (n)

No response from Customer Service - (n)

No internet in the office - (n)

OK, I have to get this off my chest ....

The building where our office is had the NBN connected recently (FTTB - nice!) and I was the first to sign up - Thursday the week before last. I rang the following day to order a new modem/router realising the existing one would not do VDSL.

NBN install booked in for a week after I ordered the service - (y)

Modem/Router posted the day I ordered - (y)

Modem/Router received at the local ACT AusPost Distribution Centre - 10 minutes drive from the office - last Sunday evening - (y)

h4VyOKbl.png

NBN install confirmed for last Thursday - (y)

NBN install completed last Thursday - (y)

NBN tech tells me we have good speeds to the office - (y)

Modem/Router not delivered Thursday morning - (n)

Customer Enquiry lodged with AusPost - told that based on standard deliver times it should be delivered that day (ignoring that it has been sitting 10 minutes away since Sunday) - (n)

Modem/Router not delivered Friday morning - (n)

Emailed Customer Service - told that was unusual (still not acknowledgement that it was just down the road) and asked for more information to allow them to investigate - (n)

Provided information and told by Customer Service that an investigation could take 10 business days - (n)

Emailed Customer Service asking why it would take 10 business days when according to their tracking it was sitting 10 minutes away - (n)

No response from Customer Service - (n)

No internet in the office - (n)
But the shaving goods arrived right??

The Sample Box sent Express Post to the Melbournians didn't arrive within the promised period. Disappointing for them and disappointing for me.

Lodged complain with AusFarce.

Received the offer of a refund (have to call them with EFT details) or a replacement satchel. I chose the latter as a simpler option I thought - they can just stick one in my PO box ...

"we can't just pop a replacement Express Post satchel into your PO Box, however we can send it via post and then pop it into your PO Box.

I have processed your claim now, so please allow up to 10 business days for processing and postage."

Oh please!

The Sample Box sent Express Post to the Melbournians didn't arrive within the promised period. Disappointing for them and disappointing for me.

Lodged complain with AusFarce.

Received the offer of a refund (have to call them with EFT details) or a replacement satchel. I chose the latter as a simpler option I thought - they can just stick one in my PO box ...

"we can't just pop a replacement Express Post satchel into your PO Box, however we can send it via post and then pop it into your PO Box.

I have processed your claim now, so please allow up to 10 business days for processing and postage."

Oh please!

So yes, they DID literally post me a replacement bag, in the mail, with a covering letter ...

WbPh6lBl.jpg

Only trouble is that this is a 1kg satchel - the one that didn't arrive was a 3kg!

Back to the drawing board ...

Last edited:
So yes, they DID literally post me a replacement bag, in the mail, with a covering letter ...

WbPh6lBl.jpg

Only trouble is that this is a 1kg satchel - the one that didn't arrive was a 3kg!

Back to the drawing board ...
:LOL:When you get back to them you could suggest they change 'Need to get back to us again?' to 'Need to get back to us again & again & again................'

In other AusPost news, let's have an update on three Express Post items sent yesterday following the auction shall we ...

Brush sent from @Tony Forsyth (Daisy Hill QLD) to me (Manuka ACT) Express Post - should be delivered today, no tracking update since last night in Brisbane EDIT: it did arrive at 3:21 PM, see here.

Brush sent from me (Manuka ACT) to @todras (Sydney NSW) Express Post - should be delivered today, tracking indicates awaiting collection - Yippee, it works!

TEXAUS Set and Bowl sent from me (Manuka ACT) to @Holiday (Darwin NT) Express Post - should be delivered 3-4 days, tracking indicates received yesterday and nothing since.

That seems to be a 33% success rate AusFarce - and I don't get to use my new brush tomorrow morning before I leave for a trip :(

[Note: of course the brush to me could be delivered later in the day ...]

Last edited:
In other AusPost news, let's have an update on three Express Post items sent yesterday following the auction shall we ...

Brush sent from @Tony Forsyth (Daisy Hill QLD) to me (Manuka ACT) Express Post - should be delivered today, no tracking update since last night in Brisbane EDIT: it did arrive at 3:21 PM, see here.

Brush sent from me (Manuka ACT) to @todras (Sydney NSW) Express Post - should be delivered today, tracking indicates awaiting collection - Yippee, it works!

TEXAUS Set and Bowl sent from me (Manuka ACT) to @Holiday (Darwin NT) Express Post - should be delivered 3-4 days, tracking indicates received yesterday and nothing since.

That seems to be a 33% success rate AusFarce - and I don't get to use my new brush tomorrow morning before I leave for a trip :(

[Note: of course the brush to me could be delivered later in the day ...]
Express Post seems to work 'Express' as I also received my wonderful brush (Gunghalin ACT) via the awesome @Tony Forsyth (Daisy Hill QLD). A win for Ausfarce!

Express post to Darwin is a Farce. 2 days minimum, 4 - 5 days is good, 7 - 10 average.
I don't hold my breath, that's for sure.