Aussie retailers pivoting with US AIR freight.

Chad

... had his first - 15/8/20
Some of you might have already noticed that Beard and Blade already has the new drop from Noble Otter just released days ago in the US.

Neon Sun popped up yesterday for sale. Obviously they have decided that the Covid shipping delays with sea freight isn't worth it and banking on customers paying the premium price.

$40 a tub is a step up in price but if it means we actually get new products for the first time in near 2 years.

One cent off being eligible for our forum discount is cruel 😃.

Wonder if this means more new releases available if it sells out for them?

Some of you might have already noticed that Beard and Blade already has the new drop from Noble Otter just released days ago in the US.

Neon Sun popped up yesterday for sale. Obviously they have decided that the Covid shipping delays with sea freight isn't worth it and banking on customers paying the premium price.

$40 a tub is a step up in price but if it means we actually get new products for the first time in near 2 years.

One cent off being eligible for our forum discount is cruel 😃.

Wonder if this means more new releases available if it sells out for them?

If you purchase the soap from overseas currently it will cost you around $35 landed including shipping ( cheapest) There is a forum discount for members 10% from B&B. For total saving of $1.50, is iT worth purchasing from OS currently?

The splash is alcohol based so it must come by sea-freight unless there is a private air-freight company willing to take it. However, If the splash was coming by sea it might still make commercial sense to import the soap by air-freight.

The splash is alcohol based so it must come by sea-freight unless there is a private air-freight company willing to take it. However, If the splash was coming by sea it might still make commercial sense to import the soap by air-freight.

I was under the impression it didn't hit shelves until last week? The timing doesn't suggest sea freight for that. Maybe the figured out some alternative?

@SpeedyPC
Life will have no meaning if you don't have the complete range 😉

I believe it's being delivered locally. The additional costs is something I have noticed being a thing with all newer noble otter releases and as time goes on they drop in price. I have barbarr which is a fantastic soap and would probably grab many more if I could. Orbit is still fairly dear also.

There seems to be a price increase going on a lot when it comes to software due to the pandemic and available resources. Whether it is all a big excuse similar to petrol prices is up for debate but in general a few soaps have gone up in price.

The good news for me is that the new Neon Sun doesn't sound like it appeals much. Patchouli as a top-billing ingredient is a huge turnoff. So that's one more available for someone who does like it... :unsure:

My nose can pick up a femtogram of the stuff on the surface of the moon, I hate it that much. Lucky for me there isn't that much there... :whistle:

hahaha. Well then I'd say avoid it then for sure. lol
We all have particular scents we don't like, at least you know what you like and don't like.

Yes, I have tried Monarch, I fairly quickly sold it on via the BST here. To me, Monarch smells predominantly of bad coffee with rancid milk. Not, unfortunately, NO's biggest success... :(

You must have got a bad batch! The Monarch I have is fairly lavender forward with a little booze, floral, and vanilla notes. It is the only lavender forward fragrance I actually enjoy and have in the soap archives.

You must have got a bad batch! The Monarch I have is fairly lavender forward with a little booze, floral, and vanilla notes. It is the only lavender forward fragrance I actually enjoy and have in the soap archives.
Hmmm, if mine had been lavender forward, I'd probably have kept it. You know about my passion for lavender. I wonder, is your Monarch puck that sort of reddish-brown colour, or is it the original greenish-grey? I no longer have any evidence to back this up, but I'm wondering if this more recent formulation has changed the scent. I'm about 80% convinced that's happened with Two Kings. Unfortunately, I left it until after I had finished my first tub of 2K before lathering up with the newer version, so I can't do a back-to-back comparison. I still like it, but it doesn't ring my bells the way the last tub did.

Edit: I thought of asking the buyer of my tub what he thought, but he hasn't been seen here since 11th June...

Hmmm, if mine had been lavender forward, I'd probably have kept it. You know about my passion for lavender. I wonder, is your Monarch puck that sort of reddish-brown colour, or is it the original greenish-grey? I no longer have any evidence to back this up, but I'm wondering if this more recent formulation has changed the scent. I'm about 80% convinced that's happened with Two Kings. Unfortunately, I left it until after I had finished my first tub of 2K before lathering up with the newer version, so I can't do a back-to-back comparison. I still like it, but it doesn't ring my bells the way the last tub did.

Edit: I thought of asking the buyer of my tub what he thought, but he hasn't been seen here since 11th June...

This is the tub I have in the archives. It is fairly brown in colour darker than the picture.

I was thinking why hasn't @Gargravarr used this in sotd.

Last edited:

This is the tub I have in the archives. It is fairly brown in colour darker than the picture.

I was thinking why hasn't @Gargravarr used this in sotd.
Hmmm, that's a different colour again. Here's what I sold on:
monarch.jpg

... And here's the "original" colour as is still shown at B&B's website:
Noble-Otter-Monarch-Shaving-Soap-113g-Open-1000x-2.jpg