Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I don't know aboout you but every year I look forward to the annual Australia Day lamb advertisements - more interesting that the Honours List or Australian of the Year (a perverted PC process that is now, but don't get me started)

So here is the 2016 version -

For those who cannot recall it, the 2015 edition -

2014 version - not one of my favourites -

Last edited:
Lambnesia in 2013 -

The classic 2012 - Barbie Girl -

Taking on Europe in 2011 -

The first (?) way back in 2005! -

The Lamb ads have taken on iconic status in recent years, the Benaud one was inspired. But seriously, who is putting up the budget for that latest one? That would have cost a mint.

How much money has the lamb marketing board got (left)?

Was over $30 a kilo for lamb rack yesterday. Was going to get one for the little fellahs birthday today but at that price he can have something else.

Difficult to eat in this household as wifebert detests the smell. But Eggbert junior loves the meat lollipops.

Was over $30 a kilo for lamb rack yesterday. Was going to get one for the little fellahs birthday today but at that price he can have something else.

Difficult to eat in this household as wifebert detests the smell. But Eggbert junior loves the meat lollipops.

You don't cook lamb in the BBQ? That's as unAustralian as it gets.

Lollipops FTW.

The Lamb ads have taken on iconic status in recent years, the Benaud one was inspired. But seriously, who is putting up the budget for that latest one? That would have cost a mint.

How much money has the lamb marketing board got (left)?

Agreed, shot it in the last year of his life. Marvellous timing that!

I consider the Lamb ad to the the equivalent of the Superbowl ads in the US. They money doesn't worry me when I can walk 400m down to the shops and pick up cutlets for usually under $20/kilo, legs at under $10/kilo.

Difficult for Egg though, everything is damn expensive up there.

I'm gonna dissent. I don't like it!

I'm tempted to say that this is 'un-Australian' to quote the Lamb Ambassador himself.

Don't like the latest? The series? The concept?

Let's move from dissention to discussion!

Ban him!

As for the budget, money from the wheat board had to go somewhere ;)

OK, so 2017 is out, what do you all think?

A very clever way to try and address the indigenous issues at this time of year. Don't know if they've pulled it off.

Great ad... sums up the Aussie sense of humour and irony that most other countries just don't get :ROFLMAO: