Australian Private Reserve P&C Exclusive LE 'Idoru' & Winter EDP's Available

todras

est Français pour après-rasage
In Memoriam
2019 Charity Auction Winner
Menth Dealer
  • Postage is not included, please include your postcode with your order.
  • All orders by PM, payment by PayPal Family and Friends
  • No holds, trades, or part payments - let's keep this simple!

EpPTgx6.jpg

A woody oriental, a suggestion of spice and notes of delicate citrus.

We are very proud to release Idoru after being approached to design a fragrance around the revered Japanese Cypress known as Hinoki.

This Cypress is grown only in Japan where it is considered a ‘sacred wood’. The exquisite oil from this Tree is delicate, complex and nuanced. It carries beautiful notes of sweet lemon and a clean, smoky tone rich with woods.

We took the essence of this majestic Cypress and built a suitable foundation of Myrrh and Patchouli to really let the Hinoki soar. Our design intention was to ensure that this most prized of Japanese oils was given a full accord. Nothing less than a quantity of Ambergris was necessary to complete the foundation.

For the heart we determined Rosewood with its notes of Teak, Woods and Rose was ideal alongside other necessary elements. We completed the design with prized Ylang Ylang Extra to create a synergy between the delicate lemon and citrus notes of the Hinoki.

This was originally a private commission and is released with consent, the person who requested we design this fragrance wishes it to be shared.

As this is a very limited release, in the interests of fairness one set only per person is available.

$65.00 Soap + Splash. Only available as a set.

Idoru is very limited and will not unfortunately be offered again, this fragrance is only available to members who joined P&C prior to today's release

Winter 2017 Eau De Parfum

FaylQBo.jpg

• $75.00 per 50ml Frosted Bottle

brfxxf4.png

Top Notes:
Réunion Bourbon Rose
Heart Notes: Lavender, Geranium
Base Notes: Hay Absolute, Oakmoss, Vetiver, Tonka, Amber

A beautiful, dirty, deep winter Fougère accented by the smoky Réunion island Bourbon Rose.

1xzDTKW.png

Top Notes:
Black Currant Absolute, Red Currant
Heart Notes: Cinnamon, Sweet Orange
Base Notes: Benzoin, Musk, Peru Balsam, West Indian Bay

It's a Bay-rum with a twist, think different: a balsamic and Vanillic base of musk, caramel and spicy Bay,
a middle of sweet Cinamon and orange topped off with the sweet, treacle notes of sweet deep caramel and black and red currant.

pMSLQyK.png

Top notes:
Sicilian Bergamot, Cypress
Heart Notes : Labdanum, Rosewood
Base notes: Brunei Agarwood, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Musk

A very old chypre formulation with a contemporary fragrance design using genuine agarwood as an inspiration for something quite special. On application an accord of Sicilian Bergamot and cypress presents, gently receding to warm intoxicating Labdanum and sweet Rosewood, shortly thereafter something very special emerges and endures for hours...

Last edited:
One set of Idoru remains, please post here if you want it, I will be offline for an hour or 2. First in by post here gets it :)

Idoru has now Sold Out! :cool:

My sincere thanks to all those members who chose to pickup a set, now that the sale is complete I can now tell you that the Idoru Aftershaves will go out at extra-strength as a genuine thank you from Australian Private Reserve for your support. By choosing to buy an APR product you help me directly to keep my tiny artisan concern going and it means a lot, there is not a lot of money in wet-shaving in Australia (there is 9/10's of bugger all) and until I 'break through' it's a weekly juggling act as to viability - your support directly assists in balancing the financial equation.

While we are here, Ive wanted to get this off my chest for a while now.....I strongly bloody dislike the contrived, unnecessary and competitive unobtanium bullshit that is invading wet-shaving. As someone who spends countless hours and months designing fragrances it is important to me that anyone from the community who wants the opportunity to try this APR release get's to. They are made to be enjoyed, not become a trivial or elitist commodity.

I will be donating, after a conversation with the PCTB guardian who requested only a sample be sent, a sizable sample from my own personal Idoru Soap+Splash set to the next traveling box in the spirit of P&C and as a thank you to @Monsta_AU for the forum and to you guys as members who make this place as cool and giving as it is. I will send you the set this week @Mark1966 (along with other samples I have collected recently) as part of the process of stocking the next P&C travelling box.

I have limited quantities of the Winter EDP's left, drop me a PM if you would like one.

Thanks Gents (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
1e47aPW.jpg

Someone gave me some last week, to be frank I think its neck and neck to L&L if you want to talk purely on performance, it's nice but the scarcity creates a false commodity value.

The packaging as we both know is fantastic and they are great guys doing the small batch artisan thing. I wonder though if it's not simply a case of everyday folks getting hold of a small batch soap when it's simply not something they are used to and obviously being incredibly impressed and the 'unobtanium' hype building, they are also small batch and the US market is big therefore yes, it sells out in 2 mins when they do 100-200 pucks of a run.

From a purely functional soap performance perspective I prefer L&L over Bufflehead, and there are other soaps I prefer over both of those for other reasons (excluding my own). Throw fragrance into the mix and these two do not really get much of a mention from my personal perspective with the exception of the Chatillon Lux collaborations and possibly one of their others. Just my personal preference mind you, they both make great soap and have great fragrances so there is absolutely no intent on my part to suggest otherwise, I'm speaking as someone wearing a perfumers hat here.

Just my 0.2 as someone who designs fragrances and uses a bunch of soaps from all over the world (I have maybe 90-100 different manufacturers soaps so its a fair selection imho), as well as my own obviously which I deliberately exclude from comparison as that is not a discussion I can have if I am transparent and open.

Now some of the B&M fragrance design in a Bufflehead or L&L soap base, that is something I would absolutely love to see ;)

Last edited: