Review Australian Private Reserve - The Soap

SOTD Setup:
hbFSA8Gl.jpg

Prep: Shower
Brush: Boucher Brushes - "Blood & Cream" 28mm Plissoft
Razor: Anodized Aluminum Wolfman WR-1DC on WRH-2 (Black & Purple)
Blade: Polsilver SI
Lather: Australian Private Reserve - Florian - Soap
Post Shave: Australian Private Reserve - Florian - Aftershave
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve - Florian - Eau de Parfum

A bright and understated masculine aromatic spring Fougère of crisp and fresh gentle citrus, florals, musks and woods with a final grand gesture from Winter to open the fragrance. Long lasting, discretely floral and very intricate in design with a dry-down that reveals a multitude of facets. Ambergris and Elemi are the foundation of the fragrance with the Lemon facets of the Elemi being a homage to the Winter past. Rosewood, Petitgrain, Muguet & Cyclamen provide a substantive, textured and fleeting aldehydic floral and sweet citrus heart for the notes of Italian Neroli, Lemon, Australian Sweet Orange and Italian Bergamot to open.

Scent:

Top Notes Include: Italian Neroli, Bergamot & Sweet Lemon
Heart Notes Include: Petitgrain, Rosewood, Bigaradier, Cyclamen & Herbs
Base Notes Include: Elemi, Ambergris, Amyris, Vanilla, Spanish Moss & Musk

When I saw that @todras was releasing another fougere for his spring releases (our fall), I about lost my mind. I'm not a huge fan of fougeres (yes, I'm looking at you BaM fougere fan boys) and wasn't planning on grabbing this one. @todras convinced me that this wasn't the stereotypical fougere and that he thought I would enjoy this release, so I decided to go for it. Off the top, I get quite a bit of citrus followed by some florals with some greeny followed behind that. The EdT hits with that citrus up front as well, but after about an hour, you're left with the florals and green notes. This is definitely not your average fougere and I think a lot of people will enjoy this release due to this being a different take on a classic fougere (unless of course that's what you're after).

Performance:

As I stated in one of my previous reviews, the F2 base for APR is a great leap from their first offering and is a heavy hitter for me. This soap base & Noble Otters new base are definitely my top 2 reboots for 2018. Aftershave is similar to that of Chatillon Lux and the scents usually last 8-12 hours on my skin. EdT lasts all day on me, @todras definitely provides a lot of juice in these bad boys, so if you are a fan of strong scents, I think you'll enjoy them.
Overall:
This is another great release from @todras and this will be one of my go to scents for the spring/summer. If you are/n't a fougere fan, I'd check this out, as its not your everyday fougere.

Disclaimer: I purchased this soap with my own money.

Disclaimer 2: My tier 1 soaps are as follows: 1a. L&L 1b. Bufflehead 1c. WkDM 4. APR 5. B&M. Tier 1 only has 5 spots so its slight pickings at the top.

Ruds review of Fougère Trois - If we compare the original Fougère Royale (1882) it is so much more than 3 or 4 simple notes that form an accord, it took me 3 years of solid study, experimentation and modding to get it to the stage of completion. The original has a beguiling complexity of accords, I needed to rework, rethink and make the whole idea contemporary, suitable and fitting while staying married to the feeling and design of the original.

The F2 base developed by @nsavage continues to make massive waves, we have an exceptionally well performing soap born out of research, refinement and work and it's all down to Nick and his skill as a soap-maker and being an essential part of AP Reserve as we grow...hitting the occasional speed-bump along the way :bag:

Ruds best summarises my fragrance, and does so far more concisely than I ever could ...

Fougere Trois is an aromatic fougere and as mentioned above, it aims to reflect upon the fragrance that stated the genre, 1882 Fougere Rolyale. Rather than recreate it or try and duplicate it,
APR decided to reflect on the scent, celebrate the scent and perhaps modernize it.

Top Notes Include: Lavender, Bergamot, Clarysage & Petitgrain.
Heart Notes Include : Geranium, Heliotrope, Rose, Orchid & Carnation.
Base notes Include: Oakmoss, Tonka, Musk, Vanilla & Hay. While familiar and classic, this fougere is also unique and stunning.

Not sure who designed the label for Fougère Trois @todras, but it really lends it self to being photographed. Seen some absolutely stunning SOTD shots. It’s small details like this that distinguish APR from the herd.

Just went through and read this entire thread and at the risk of repeating many previous posts i'll say it as well....
Congratulations on your venture into the artisan making world. Reading your early beginnings and ultimately seeing your "world domination" (except the EU) gain reward is inspiring to say the least.

Look forward to what you can release moving forward...