"Australian's All" appreciation thread!

thisISjoel

Ok, so I was just going to post in one of the original "Australian's All" threads, but they're locked, so here goes...

I'm a total scent idiot so I won't even try to describe the scent or name notes or anything like that, all I'll say is that it smells bloody brilliant! It changes over time and at every stage it smells incredible! I've worn it twice and both times my wife has commented that I smell good. And the staying power! I shaved at 7am, applied the splash around 7:15am, at 3pm I'm still getting whiffs of it! Even now I feel like I can still catch it, although it may just be a trick of the mind.

Anyway, tremendous work on the scent @todras

Hey thanks man I am glad you are enjoying it.

I really wanted it to slowly evolve as a fragrance over time, and I was certain I didn't want to blast everyone with strong Eucalyptus so I am happy with how it turned out :)

Picked mine up last night.
Yet to shave with it, yet an interesting scent fro initial aroma.
It initially hints towards Mint Slice, with a freshly processed grain and musky undertone with an ever present Aussie Eucalypt bush after a light shower scent early in the day before the heat arrives.
Look forward to trying it and see what else greets me.

I used it yesterday. I'll write up a more detailed post when I get a chance.

In short: I love it.

Soap:
The smell, while I can't describe it is great. Just the right amount of eucalyptus.
It smells "comforting" and the post-shave feel is fantastic.

Splash:
I like it too. I didn't realise it was mentholated. I haven't tried a mentholated splash before and it took me by surprise. It's good. I just wasn't ready.
I think it'll be fantastic on hot summer's day.

Is there a scent description somewhere? I need to train my nose a bit to do the soaps justice.

Okay.... my longer review.

SOAP
The scent from the tub is great (yay for plastic, @SchoolForAnts!) and the soap is very easy to bowl lather which is my preference. Load hard with a flicked wet brush then straight to a warm bowl, adding good amounts of water as the lather starts to form. You will end up with an abundance of cushiony, gliding, slick soap. As with all of Squadron soaps I've tried, it's not super slick but there is more than enough slickness for everyone but the most excessive buffing fans. I was rushing my shave yesterday with a blade on its 6th use in a Slim on 7 but I got BBS without a weeper. In my book then - the protection is GREAT.

AS
Performance wise - great sting with a lovely mentholated finish. Face feel is top notch and not as oily as some of APR's items. I do have to say that I prefer less oil because, as I've said, I am an oily bastard already. I do know that most people's issue is dryness and I'm an outlier. The scent? WOW. This is a winner and very kissable. I won't go into details. Indeed, it's almost a gourmand pastry-ish job from the bottle to my nose which is funny considering the notes. It comes alive on the face and is a nice skin scent if someone gets close. This is not the projection and long-life nuclear beast a Winterfell etc is on my skin but it's no 5 minute wonder. I do have to say again that I really expected something more green based on @todras's initial mysterious guerilla-marketing post with the pictures :) But I like this and I would purchase the EdP. I haven't felt that with either Lixiviant or CdV yet. It's also got the perfect amount of menthol - cold but not silly. Perhaps what I am most proud of is that the scent is complex and sophisticated, like our country actually is. Too many things badged "Australian" are reduced to touristy crap. I imagine an American making something called Australians All would combine eucalyptus and shrimp. An Englishman would have an aquatic, beachy vibe with perhaps heart notes of burnt steak. This is very Australia and I sincerely hope that some people outside of our shores get a chance to experience it.

Dan and Anthony - I salute you. Well done.

Am I the only buyer who doesn't like the scent? Great performance as usual but the scent really does nothing for me.

Am I the only buyer who doesn't like the scent? Great performance as usual but the scent really does nothing for me.
When I first opened it I though "Hmmmmm. I don't know about this one". But a few minutes in, I was happy.

I do not dislike the scent overall but I do confess that there is a wet dirt/animal note at the bottom which I am not entirely sold on. I love the opening (florals and citrus with eucalyptus and general yumness) but in the dry down I get something dark and earthy that is not altogether pleasant. This note is not present in the soap for me (I guess the soap never gets the chance to really develop on my skin) and it is not a big enough feature of the splash that I can't or won't use it, but it is there.

I've used this combo for 4 shaves so far this week and the performance is outstanding and, despite my comment about the scent I actually do like and enjoy using it.

Pretty much exactly what happened with me. Except after a few minutes I was pretty definite on not wanting to use it again.
Well, I actually think this is a good thing. If we all liked the same things all the time, we'd probably be lathering from a can...

Everyone here seems to have a fondness for Bay Rum. Yet, it makes me gag.
*shrug* it's all good.

Can we have a scent description? I remember on the threadthere was pictures of the products used to feed the scent, but finally, I would be happy to read how is defined in terms of notes top, middle and back ones :)

Pretty much exactly what happened with me. Except after a few minutes I was pretty definite on not wanting to use it again.

I would suggest putting it straight on the B/S/T. I have had a number of inquiries from people looking to buy sets, the response has been nothing short of phenomenal!

Last edited:
I would suggest putting it straight on the B/S/T. I have had a number of inquiries from people looking to buy sets, the response has been nothing short of phenomenal!

Yep for sure, throw it on the BST - I've been contacted a few times this week from people looking to buy it after it sold out. No point holding onto something that isn't for you mate.

Yep for sure, throw it on the BST - I've been contacted a few times this week from people looking to buy it after it sold out. No point holding onto something that isn't for you mate.

Already sold.