Badger brush care

IMG-20200911-165231.jpg

IMG-20200911-165239.jpg

Very disappointed with the left as the fibres have gone super dry // right still soft but starting to show the same signs and they're both plissoft style knots...
Okay, please trust me I’ve the same issue.

1. The Plissoft above doesn’t have enough dense, it means not enough synthetic fibres for a standard 24mm diameter.

2. When the Plissoft doesn’t have enough dense also can be the loft height is not set deep enough below 55mm height, and the fibres splay out too much sometimes loosing some backbone.

3. It’s not easy to find a perfectly well balance dense flow through synthetic knot, depending on the type of synthetic fibre.

4. If the synthetic knot becomes too dense, sometimes too much synthetic fibres for a standard 24mm diameter with not enough flow through in the knot.

5. If the synthetic knot becomes too dense, sometimes the loft height is too short around 50 or 52mm is not enough splay or flow through this means too much backbone (too springy).

Okay, please trust me I’ve the same issue.

1. The Plissoft above doesn’t have enough dense, it means not enough synthetic fibres for a standard 24mm diameter.

2. When the Plissoft doesn’t have enough dense also can be the loft height is not set deep enough below 55mm height, and the fibres splay out too much sometimes loosing some backbone.

3. It’s not easy to find a perfectly well balance dense flow through synthetic knot, depending on the type of synthetic fibre.

4. If the synthetic knot becomes too dense, sometimes too much synthetic fibres for a standard 24mm diameter with not enough flow through in the knot.

5. If the synthetic knot becomes too dense, sometimes the loft height is too short around 50 or 52mm is not enough splay or flow through this means too much backbone (too springy).
Thanks for the detailed response @SpeedyPC as it makes perfect sense how you explain it. (y)

I agree to the moral and ethical reasons for using synthetic knots as #BadgerLivesMatter but I've yet to find one that comes close to natural hair for feel, density and performance. There will always be a place for synthetic's in my den as they make killer lather and dry super fast but nothing beats a badger.

My poor brushes!
Select brush
No preparation
Straight under the hottest water I have available
Brush the hot water over my face a few times
Load the brush
Use
Rinse under running cold water tap
Flick the residual water out in the shower cubicle
Stand up under the window till I decide to use it next time
No trouble- All brush types mistreated the same way

I find the soaking beforehand for a few minutes makes a difference in the brush performance.

I take mine into the shower with me and leave it on the floor to get wet. I will occasionally put conditioner on it & rinse.

I then put it into the sink & fill with warm water (stupid temperature governor on replacement hot water system) & squeeze out the air so it sinks & get completely wet.

After using i, I dunk again in the basin & squeeze out the soap. Wash under cold running water & squeeze out soap. Flick dry, then a quick wrap in a towel, before flicking them against my splayed fingers to get the knot to puff open. Sit it on the window sill (out of sun) knot facing up.

I take mine into the shower with me and leave it on the floor to get wet. I will occasionally put conditioner on it & rinse.

I then put it into the sink & fill with warm water (stupid temperature governor on replacement hot water system) & squeeze out the air so it sinks & get completely wet.

After using i, I dunk again in the basin & squeeze out the soap. Wash under cold running water & squeeze out soap. Flick dry, then a quick wrap in a towel, before flicking them against my splayed fingers to get the knot to puff open. Sit it on the window sill (out of sun) knot facing up.

Love your style

Errol, I'm rushed for time in the morning (kids) & need to get a straight shave done in 10 mins or better. Any time I can save helps!

I then put it into the sink & fill with warm water (stupid temperature governor on replacement hot water system)...
I like the basic approach too. I've got a tempering valve on my hot water cylinder that mixes in cold water for washbasins, bath and showers (a requirement of the plumbing codes here), while the kitchen and laundry get water at whatever the wood burning stove produces (~90°), so I usually top up from the kettle.

I like the basic approach too. I've got a tempering valve on my hot water cylinder that mixes in cold water for washbasins, bath and showers (a requirement of the plumbing codes here), while the kitchen and laundry get water at whatever the wood burning stove produces (~90°), so I usually top up from the kettle.
It kill us having the tempering valve & we maxed it, but it's still not boiling hot. Family come over & help wash up and comment on the tepid water. Plus there is a pressure reducing valve so your shower is tepid & piddling, things you look for in a great shower :(

It kill us having the tempering valve & we maxed it, but it's still not boiling hot. Family come over & help wash up and comment on the tepid water. Plus there is a pressure reducing valve so your shower is tepid & piddling, things you look for in a great shower :(
Your plumber was being a bit over-zealous if he hooked up the kitchen sink to the tempering valve. If your house is finished, might be a good time to get it fixed... ;)

Your plumber was being a bit over-zealous if he hooked up the kitchen sink to the tempering valve. If your house is finished, might be a good time to get it fixed... ;)
The stupid valve is on the hot water unit, so it affects every tap in the house. Lucky though, because I'm 6 years old and the naughty hot water might scold me when I have my bed time bath. FFS

Next time I get some plumbing work done, there will be a special visit paid to Mr Regulating valve.

Next time I get some plumbing work done, there will be a special visit paid to Mr Regulating valve.
You should only be required to have a tempering valve if you've got an uncontrolled heat source - like my wood-burning stove, where if I didn't have a fire-brick blanking off part of the wet-back, I would literally have the entire contents of the water cylinder boiling off in a huge cloud of steam. But even my idiot plumber (that's another story) was aware that the valve is only necessary for bathrooms, not for utilities.