Bald shavers, process?

talisker63

Hey Bald Shavers,

I typically shave my face daily and my head twice a week. That was pre-switching to safety razor shaving. With the COVID and the extra close shaving I have moved to face every second day.

Any thoughts on the "whole head" process?
Do you break it into face then head, or lather up everything from the neck up an go fo it!

Interested in what works for you and any issues you encounter, such as soap drying out too fast.

Cheers

Andrew

I definitely don't do both lathered at the same time even if they are are back to back.
Shave head..rinse under cold water.
Then lather and do face.
Rinse face and apply aftershave to both.

Doing both at same timeis asking for lather issues

I'm a lazy shaver so shower shave - I know, I know, not great for the environment but I conserve water other ways and have solar so not all bad :X3:

I generally face shave work days and try to fit in a head shave 1-2 times a week at the same time, using a trimmer and the Leaf Razor or Headblade/Omnishaver.

That way I use the same soap and post shave gear plus avoid the irritation that I used to get when shaving the head more regularly.

Did try shaving the head only but found the experience uncomfortable and time consuming. Plus no matter how wet I made the lather it never gave a cushioned shave and my head ended up red and with nicks. (n)

Thanks guy's

Just did a head shave followed by a face shave back to back. Divided into two halves, left the alum on the head (resolving a couple of nicks) whilst I lathered up and did the face. Gentle music playing in the background, was quiet a nice time.

Using the Feathers razor blades (2nd use) ended up with 2~3 minor cuts on both head and face. All closed up with just a pass of the alum block. For my 3rd ever safety razor shave not too bad I thought! The aftershave balm sure felt nice at the end though!

I do face and dome totally on a daily basis. Usually a 2½ pass shave, I don't waste time with WTG except under the jaw (to save blood). The last ½pass is mostly without lather, just the slickness from the soap, with a bit of water added on the fingertips just so things don't dry out. I don't usually lather any more than this because the cushion of the soap can get in the way of a close shave.

Having said that, I have occasional days when I don't go in for a BBS, just to give my skin a break. By the same token, I prefer razors with a bit more bite (R41 and JAWS), since I don't have to scrape so much over the same patch. For a long time I've been using Astra green as my main blade, switching in Feathers when I want to dial things up, but I'm going to experiment with Astra blue and Nacet to see if I can't find a better Model T.

I quickly switched to more agressive options too limiting passes and irritation. Especially the back of my head where I'm REALLY good at growing hair. That's something I guess.

I quickly switched to more agressive options too limiting passes and irritation. Especially the back of my head where I'm REALLY good at growing hair. That's something I guess.
Yeah, same head hair as me by the sounds of it, now if I could shift back hair upwards...

I actually have a full head of hair if I leave things to take their course, I just really like the comfort of having a smooth scalp. I first started shaving my head because I was working in the food industry in a hot/humid environment some 17 years ago in WA, and this was a way to avoid having to wear hair nets or other hats.

The habit stuck, even though I'm now in chilly Tassie...