Barber shop shave

urnme

Hi All,

I was on holidays in Cairns recently, and left my shave gear at home.

For novelty, I Thought I would try my luck and see if I could get a straight edge shave at a barber shop. I've never had it done before, and have heard that not many barbers do it these days.

It actually worked out quite will in the end.

I looked up barbers on yellowpages (on my mobile) and called the first one on the list. Seemed I had luck on my side, as they said no problems.

I even reconfirmed.. straight edge.. face shave.. "yes, no problem. No need to book, just come in"

When I turned up, there was only 1 girl on and she had just started a guys haircut, so I took a seat. She informed me that another girl would be in soon.

Sure enough, the other girl turned up about 5 minutes later. A young 19 year old aboriginal girl with big boobs. I asked for a face shave, and a hair cut - shave with clippers # 0.

She took me over to the "shave" chair and cleared off the magazines and boxes that were sitting on it. It didn't look like it had been used in a while. She could tell I was getting nervous and said not to worry, she's done this plenty of times.

Once I was sitting in the chair, she put a hot towel on me. For some small talk, I asked how she learnt to shave with a straight edge. She told me that she practices on her dad, when he is passed out drunk. Awesome.

She looked me in the eye, told me not to move until she said it was ok, or she would cut me. I'm pretty sure it was a really dry sense of humour. But I sat my arse as still as possible.

She applied some blue shaving goo (not sure what it was), with what looked like a basting brush, then started very slowly and very carefully to shave.

I mean slowly, it took over an hour for the shave. I got a glimpse at the waiting room every now and then, there were about 6 guys waiting. But she still took it slow and steady, I'm glad she didn't rush. I did eventually relax a little bit and just let her get to it. Spent most of the time with her cleavage in my face too, which was better than a crusty old male barber.

She reapplied the hot towel 5 or so times and said I've got difficult stubble.

It was a weird feeling, not being able to see in the mirror. She was feeling for stubble every now and then with her fingers, and it felt like she was doing a good job. I had no idea if I had cuts all over me or not.

Once she was finished, she asked if I wanted bay run aftershave, but said it would sting a little. I said, go for it. It stung, but no more than usual.

Then she started to apply the cotton buds... I started to get worried. Then she sat me up in front of the mirror, and it was pretty good. 2 tiny weepers which had already stopped bleeding.

I had a feel of my face, and she had done a pretty good job. I could probably do a better job and in a fraction of the time. But this was for novelty after all, and so I was pretty happy.

The haircut took 2 minutes with the clippers like I was expecting.

I was in the barber for around an hour and a half. She charged me $30.

+1 to the boobs in your face while you get a shave.

Must be what its like to get a shave in heaven...

Sorry had to rush home to follow this thread.

Whew.

Ok - boobs - I'm all ears now.

Pics?

My dad's barber does shaves, he's this great old Italian bloke who's owned the same place for 40 years. I haven't been game enough to try it out yet, but after your experience urnme, I might have to try it out!

My dad's barber does shaves, he's this great old Italian bloke who's owned the same place for 40 years. I haven't been game enough to try it out yet, but after your experience urnme, I might have to try it out!

But has he got man-boobs? This being the only real aspect of the shave that got everyone all excited. :)

Purely for the purpose of scientific investigation you understand, but where in Cairns was said barbers?