Review Barrister and Mann Diamond

SydBJW

Soaps, You Don't Buy Just Williams
Da Menth Heads
It seems like I was the only person to order this soap, so I will try my best to give my thoughts on it.

Firstly this is how @Barrister & Mann describes the diamond soap:
We blended notes of freshly cut grass, stadium soil, beer, leather, pine, cedar, popcorn, and caramel to conjure the unforgettable experience of attending a big league game during every shave. As the only shaving soap company in Cooperstown, NY, we’re very proud of our heritage and our soap. We hope you enjoy shaving with it as much as we enjoyed creating it.

First impression on opening the soap was that it smells like cut grass.

Initially before shaving with the soap I did two test lathers. This was my first ever Barrister & Mann soap and it performs great, very easy to create a good lather with. The smell on these test lathers still smelt mainly like cut grass to my nose.

I have now shaved with the soap three times. The performance of this soap is a good or even slightly better than the about 12 other soap brands I have tried. It feels smooth and creates a good cushion for the face.

Smell wise, I still initially get the cut grass smell. Their is more happening in the background that comes out the more you use it. I have definitely smelt the soil, pine and caramel notes. Haven't yet detected too much of the beer and popcorn notes (people with better description of scents could probably describe it better).

Today's shave with it, smelt like you were at a local park watching a weekend sporting game, you mainly smell the grass of the field first but their is other smells drifting in. Diamond was my first Barrister & Mann soap but it will not be my last soap from this company. Great job on this soap Will.