BEANS For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnold J Rimmer

2017 Sabbatical Fail
Artisan Producer
I have cleared this with @Monsta_AU, so I am starting a new thread, to offer roast coffee beans to the forum.

Monsta_AU and I have agreed that any offerings will be of a limited nature. I'm not a professional at this... I don't aim to do it for a living, any time soon.

What will happen here, is that I will roast a small batch, and offer maybe 4x 250g bags, for each batch. It will be first in, first served.

The price is going to be a forum special. $10 per bag, plus shipping at cost. Presently that is $8.25 for a 500g satchel, but I believe that in October, that will be rising.

Next post will start things off. I will list a roast, with pic. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Nice. Single Origin?

Where are you based?

What type of roast? I used to do my own beans as well for a while, until i had an unfortunate accident with a popcorn maker and nearly set my house on fire. If you can do a good plunger roast i am in. Are you using a Behmor 2000 by any chance?

Sumatran Organic. Medium roast, created on August 18. These will suit you, if you like a little bite in your beans. The medium roasts tend to be a touch more bitter, IMO.
3x 250g bags.
$18.25 delivered.

iGKJBlm.jpg

Always single origin. Different beans roast at different speeds, and the results can be up and down. Single Origin is much easier to control.

Based in NSW, on the Central Coast.

Using a KKTO that I built from scratch... it can push out up to 1kg at a time, with no issue, and very even roast. I tried the popcorn poppers for a while, but it required a lot of supervision. This one, I start it, and walk away for about 30 minutes. I have a temp gauge onboard, so I can time the cracks pretty accurately.

Plunger quality will probably be next batch. The Guatemalan is superb, from medium right through to dark in a plunger.

Last edited:
Once you get a plunger batch i am in, my espresso machine just packed it in and i am in no hurry to get a new one. I have been using a plunger for a little while and the right coffee in a plunger is a delight. The popcorn maker is a hassle, and dangerous if not supervised, i did think of getting a Behmor and stepping it up a bit. The minister of finance is not happy though. I like a good High mountain Rwandan Coffee, or alternatively a good Timor robusta is quite nice as well.

Noted.

Next batch will be darker. This one is quite mild in a plunger. I just made one up to try for myself. Straight, no sugar... not at all offensive.

I could never justify the expense of a Behmor, which is why I made the KKTO. $120 all in, similar results.

For the most-part, I will be sticking with Single Origin Organic beans where I can. Occasionally I will deviate... beans like Elephant Hills are excellent, but they don't do an organic version.

The Guatemalan is superb, from medium right through to dark in a plunger.

Central American beans... Now we are talking!!! [emoji6] Give me nutty with aftertaste over earthy anyday.

Let me know when you can get them into those little aluminium capsules my machine uses.

#toolazytogrind

Let me know when you can get them into those little aluminium capsules my machine uses.

#toolazytogrind

I was actually doing them for a while, but they are tedious as hell. Also, they were plastic pods I was using, not aluminium. 4g of coffee just seems like it isn't enough...

sounds good & keen to try them out, how do we order ?
I like & only use a stove top espresso at home so decent strong & medium whole beans are in my choices
& only hand grind my beans as required for the day
currently mine are Australian Organic & get them from Byron & Eumundi when I do the Brissy runs

OK, if these are still free by morning, then they go in my belly from Sunday.

These are the last of the Sumatran medium roast for a while, so if you like your coffee smoother than mud, this is your chance.

Next up is Guatemala, at around second crack ... somewhat darker than the Sumatran, with a much richer flavour.

Status
Not open for further replies.