Best RazoRock Razor out there?

Camrux93

Which is the best RazoRock razor out there? There is many, I was looking into the Gamechanger but a few people are saying the Jaws is better. Recommendations?

What razors do u have/like?

I have the jaws and love it but it’s taken a back seat lately.. but others like @Holiday didn’t do much so really depends on how you like your razors

@Errol had an excellent review on the stainless steel lupo

Stealth Slant V1 :D

Hi @Camrux93 what's your pain threshold? What razors do you have in the den and have you used any that were too aggressive?
JAWS was too aggressive for daily shaver, perfect if you only shave once or twice a week.
I dont think you can go wrong with: GC-84P (unless you dont like blade loaded on plate instead of cap). SS Lupo, Mamba or Baby Smooth all get get good reviews for smooth efficiency.
Buy one of each or save $$ and put it on a Wolfman.

@alfredus , can you tell us about the Stealth? Is that the first version of the Wunderbar? Why didn't you like subsequent versions? Is there already an old thread that covers this subject?
The Stealth Slant has nothing to do with the Wunderbar - very effective yet super smooth razor. People didn't like the head design though, as it is large and if you don't know what you are doing, it can be difficult to get close under the nose...

Subsequent versions were never as smooth (for me anyway), I had 4 or 5 I believe and kept only the original.

The Stealth Slant has nothing to do with the Wunderbar - very effective yet super smooth razor. People didn't like the head design though, as it is large and if you don't know what you are doing, it can be difficult to get close under the nose...

Subsequent versions were never as smooth (for me anyway), I had 4 or 5 I believe and kept only the original.
I have the V4 and find it to be an excellent razor. From what I have heard the V1 was smoother though and by all reports is the pick of the releases.

I also have the Wunderbar. It is an excellent razor but more aggressive IMO.

The SS Mamba (v1 of the current release) is personally my pick of the Razorback razors I own.

Thanks @alfredus . I didn't understand the link between the Stealth and Wunderbar. Razorock even refer to the Stealth as their 'previous version'. But what you're saying is they are a totally different razor?........apart from it being a slant, and being made by RazoRock, and it being the subsequent evolution of the Stealth..........I mean what have the Romans ever done for us?:)

@Holiday , did you end up trying the Wunderbar?

Thanks @alfredus . I didn't understand the link between the Stealth and Wunderbar. Razorock even refer to the Stealth as their 'previous version'. But what you're saying is they are a totally different razor?........apart from it being a slant, and being made by RazoRock, and it being the subsequent evolution of the Stealth..........I mean what have the Romans ever done for us?:)

The Wunderbar is supposedly the culmination of the work they did on the Stealth Slant. When you look at the two together you can see the similarities. Ultimately the issue IMO is that the Wunderbar is Stainless and the best of the Stealth Slants are aluminium. Had the Wunderbar been released in Aluminium it would likely be a lot more similar to the Stealth Slants.

The Wunderbar is supposedly the culmination of the work they did on the Stealth Slant. When you look at the two together you can see the similarities. Ultimately the issue IMO is that the Wunderbar is Stainless and the best of the Stealth Slants are aluminium. Had the Wunderbar been released in Aluminium it would likely be a lot more similar to the Stealth Slants.
Thanks @nsavage , I think I'm getting a better picture now. I'm guessing @alfredus prefers the Stealth as they were a milder razor? Do you still use the Wunderbar regularly?

Thanks @nsavage , I think I'm getting a better picture now. I'm guessing @alfredus prefers the Stealth as they were a milder razor? Do you still use the Wunderbar regularly?
I wouldn't say that I use either the Wunderbar or the Stealth slant regularly but that is not because they are not good razors it is more because I tend to reach for my Wolfmans, Guerilla, Weber and Mamba most often, Aggressive may be an unfair term to use when describing the Wunderbar. It is extremely efficient but a smooth shaver. The main difference between it and the Stealth slant IMO is I need to pay more attention when using the Wunderbar. The head on the Stealth Slant is more bulky and the head profile on the Wunderbar is better in that regard. If an aluminum version of the Wunderbar came out I would grab one.

If an aluminum version of the Wunderbar came out I would grab one.
That's interesting. Decision based on weight? Part of the attraction of the SS for me is the manufacturing challenge (based on Razorocks blurb and I assume related to cost) which makes it a bit of a work of art. I thought the Titanium handle would make the weight managable?

That's interesting. Decision based on weight? Part of the attraction of the SS for me is the manufacturing challenge (based on Razorocks blurb and I assume related to cost) which makes it a bit of a work of art. I thought the Titanium handle would make the weight managable?
Yes, I think a weight reduction would make it more like the Stealth Slant. I prefer even weight distribution so not a fan of light handles on heavier heads etc.

Not quiet sure if I totally agree with that...I had some Stealth Slants in Stainless as well...The Wunderbar looks the best out of all them, but for me shaves the least smooth. The Stealth Slant looks very clonky, but gives such a superbly close and smooth shave...

Anyways, you can't get them anymore so...

For me it's the Game Changer .84P and a toss up between the Baby Smooth Al/Wunderbar Ti slant for second place. The Mamba V1 is way too mild for my growth and sees very little use as I grab for the GC .84P its that good! I was going to try the DOC but its basically a Yaqi with a better made handle for what is an inflated price if you factor in the shipping.

Not yet, Covid hit and haven't received Wunderbar or Str8s & hones that were under negotiation.
Looking forward to comparing with other slants in the den, been a while since used 39C

Anyways, you can't get them anymore so...

Unobtanium - been trawling the web since I first read @alfredus praise for it,

For me it's the Game Changer .84P and a toss up between the Baby Smooth Al/Wunderbar Ti slant for second place. The Mamba V1 is way too mild for my growth and sees very little use as I grab for the GC .84P its that good! I was going to try the DOC but its basically a Yaqi with a better made handle for what is an inflated price if you factor in the shipping.
Are you saying the GC .84P is smoother than the Wunderbar?