Bialetti Express

Drubbing

Yeah, he's what you'd call an occasional poster!

Well compared to yourself and Pjotr anyway,
and even more so to our young upstarts Misters Still Shunter and Fill O'Biblic if you are counting posts per day!

Drubbing

Yeah, he's what you'd call an occasional poster!

Well compared to yourself and Pjotr anyway,
and even more so to our young upstarts Misters Still Shunter and Fill O'Biblic if you are counting posts per day!

It is those elusive Trophy Points I NEED to collect more of ...

Great information there, @Drubbing . I don't share your view of Kahava but personal taste is clearly a very subjective.

My process for using the pot follows a similar path to yours with the exception that I fill the chamber with cold water and leave it on until the bottom chamber is empty. Love your idea of removing the pot from the stove when its half full and will try that tomorrow morning. Cold water has always been the advice that I've received so I will stick with that.

Thanks for sharing your process. Another tweak that I will make to mine.

I've done both. To me, the only difference between hot and cold water, is the time taken for the heat required to get coffee flowing.

I know there's a lot of YT vids that say different.

Last edited:
I know there's a lot of YT vids that say different.
And some pretty sound chemistry. You hot water service has the water sitting in it for longer periods and will generally have a higher dissolved metal content.

My care factor isn't that high. I've nothing against tap water. When we get a new fridge with a working water filter, if it makes any difference to me, I'll use cold.