Blackland 'Tradere' razor coming soon.

Are you sure about the choice of releases? @Blackie The choice of reincarnating the Gen 1 OC has me scratching my head. There were only 207 of the original Gen 1 made before Tradere got the message that they were too aggressive for the vast majority of users, including me. Tradere then produced about 900 Gen 2 OC’s and I understand they were much better accepted. The only reason for going for the Gen 1 OC that I can think of is that both Shane from Blackland and Richard Mason the creator of Tradere Razors have a love of aggressive razors so it will be interesting to see how well they are received. The King of the R41, @StratMan will have a love affair with the aggression of the Tradere Gen 1 OC, it may even put his resolve of aggression to the test. The Tradere SB is a much milder razor that many will be able to use with ease, a lovely razor on the lower side of mid aggression.
I’m lucky to have reviewed both the proposed Tradere’s this year so you can read my thought on the pair. After my encounter with the Gen 1 OC, I cannot see myself going for it but a SB will probably find its way north; purely in the line of quality control, you understand.

Hi @Errol yes, the choice of releases is...

"This fall, Blackland is picking up where he left off with the return of the Gen 1 OC and Gen 2 SB"

Yes, be good for @StratMan.

I suspect that the price may be eye-watering though. Shane has the Blackbird to 'protect' so maybe the Tradere will be higher priced?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustresisturgeto+beg+_bb98c6245053733a605f0db6dd9d58a3.png

Are you sure about the choice of releases? @Blackie The choice of reincarnating the Gen 1 OC has me scratching my head. There were only 207 of the original Gen 1 made before Tradere got the message that they were too aggressive for the vast majority of users, including me. Tradere then produced about 900 Gen 2 OC’s and I understand they were much better accepted. The only reason for going for the Gen 1 OC that I can think of is that both Shane from Blackland and Richard Mason the creator of Tradere Razors have a love of aggressive razors so it will be interesting to see how well they are received. The King of the R41, @StratMan will have a love affair with the aggression of the Tradere Gen 1 OC, it may even put his resolve of aggression to the test. The Tradere SB is a much milder razor that many will be able to use with ease, a lovely razor on the lower side of mid aggression.
I’m lucky to have reviewed both the proposed Tradere’s this year so you can read my thought on the pair. After my encounter with the Gen 1 OC, I cannot see myself going for it but a SB will probably find its way north; purely in the line of quality control, you understand.
Here you go @Errol a second generation Tradere SB

https://www.facebook.com/blacklandrazors/
Gen 1 OC and Gen 2 SB.
Now, how did the original shave?
Must be a job for @Errol

As @Blackie quoted is now confirmed as correct. All Tradere Razors up to #207 were Gen 1 and all razors including both SB and OC manufactured after #207 were Gen 2, therefore all SB razors are Gen 2. My thought on the SB’s was not right. I await the sales results of the Blackland Tradere to see just how well those Gen 1’s in OC are going to sell.

Sadly, I can't see these being in the Razorock price range though.
Shame, but I'm fairly sure they will be above my pay grade!
I'm picking them to be priced above the Blackbird.

Oh... the pricing. Has anyone preordered?
Wondering how it compares to my daily shavers. Currently a blackbird or timeless 0.95 titanium SB

*bump* to see if anyone has actually received the Blackland Tradere ...