Blade protection

Generally when I travel I am only going to one or two places, and will be staying at each for a few days.
Consequently I would just bin whatever blade is in the razor on the day of travel, and put a new one in when I get to the next place.

Not sure what I would do if I was changing location everyday. Possibly just bite the bullet and use one of the better disposables / cart razors.

@Mark1966 tends to travel a lot, and he has one of the largest collections of Gillette razors in the southern hemisphere. Even he uses a Gillette Sensor (or something like that) when he travels.

I don't use anything since it is held within a travel case but you can get leather (and other product) covers for DEs.

You will see the DE hiding in my case here;

File%209-04-2016%2C%2022%2048%2026.jpeg

I use a small metal tin for my razor (wrapped in cloth) along with a few other assorted bits & pieces. I keep blades in a small Altoids/mint tin. It's just the right size. I've seen people cut out foam for their razor and put it in a tin. (@Dale.Whiley has done this and has a thread on it somewhere.)

But I've just been told that the next stretch goal for the Rockwell Model T razor is an included leather travel case for the razor. It should fit any type of DE razor. Otherwise, you can by one for around $20 delivered.

I either travel with a razor I have a case for (like my #58 - one of my favourite travel razors), or I reappropriate a case from another razor (I have a user grade 60s Tech case that fits many of my modern razors surprisingly well).

@Mark1966 tends to travel a lot, and he has one of the largest collections of Gillette razors in the southern hemisphere. Even he uses a Gillette Sensor (or something like that) when he travels.

Yeah I do but mainly domestically and usually only overnight or a couple of days - so I avoid checked luggage and thus taking DEs

Even on overseas trips I try to pack light so ignore mucking around with DEs in checked luggage (imagine if it was lost).

I find that after learning how to shave properly going back to a Sensor Excel (twin blade) provides a fairly decent and quick and easy shave while in holidays.

I have a leather sleeve and my razor is in my hand luggage...no fear of losing it. Blades etc. are in the checked in bag

Yeah I do but mainly domestically and usually only overnight or a couple of days - so I avoid checked luggage and thus taking DEs

Even on overseas trips I try to pack light so ignore mucking around with DEs in checked luggage (imagine if it was lost).

I find that after learning how to shave properly going back to a Sensor Excel (twin blade) provides a fairly decent and quick and easy shave while in holidays.

That was the very first razor I ever shaved with - 1991, maybe 1992. Can't say I am keen to go back to it but yes, a good alternative when travelling in this day and age.

I use a small metal tin for my razor (wrapped in cloth) along with a few other assorted bits & pieces. I keep blades in a small Altoids/mint tin. It's just the right size. I've seen people cut out foam for their razor and put it in a tin. (@Dale.Whiley has done this and has a thread on it somewhere.)
<a href="http://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/shaving-travel-kit.1944/#post-49276">Shaving Travel Kit.</a>

http://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/shaving-travel-kit.1944/#post-49276