Blade recommendations

Gimli

So, in my recent SOTD I used my shavette with some Derby Extra blades a friends partner got me from her workplace

While they feel good, I've not had any others to compare them to. Looking for recommendations for quality blades. Or at least, what to steer clear of?

Does anywhere sell a "try me" pack consisting of different brand blades? That would be cool

Thanks

So, in my recent SOTD I used my shavette with some Derby Extra blades a friends partner got me from her workplace

While they feel good, I've not had any others to compare them to. Looking for recommendations for quality blades. Or at least, what to steer clear of?

Does anywhere sell a "try me" pack consisting of different brand blades? That would be cool

Thanks
I recommend;

• Derby USTA
  • Rapira Platinum Lux
  • Voshkod
  • Astra Superior Platinum (Green)
  • Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless(?) (Green)
  • Wilkinson Sword (German)
  • Feathers (Super sharp, wouldn't use first when experimenting with a shavette)
  • Gillette Nacet
YMMV

that's pretty cheap for 250 blades, so these are the same as polsilvers you reckon?
I thought it was cheap too. Until I realised that was in USD. It was around $75 AUD.
Still not terrible for 250 blades. But, more than I was willing to part with on a whim.

I ordered mine on eBay. After they didn’t show up a month later, filed a contract. Got a refund and a week later they showed up

That’s some good linking there Harry! ;)
giphy.gif

From Russia with love ;)

Last edited: