Boots

@Mark1966

Now that I have been wearing the rm William for a month I am wondering if I should get another to rotate.

Thoughts?

@Mark1966

Now that I have been wearing the rm William for a month I am wondering if I should get another to rotate.

Thoughts?

Well you certainly should not be wearing any shoe or boot each day, alternate days at most is recommended.

I've got a mate who is raving about the new 'Sydney' style boot for work use. Has has purchased two now and they are all he wears for work.

Well you certainly should not be wearing any shoe or boot each day
So you are saying I must buy these,
web-gtx-boot
web-gtx-boot-blk.jpg
I cannot go about wearing the same ones everyday.

Any good deals on them?
Well you certainly should not be wearing any shoe or boot each day, alternate days at most is recommended.

I've got a mate who is raving about the new 'Sydney' style boot for work use. Has has purchased two now and they are all he wears for work.

So you are saying I must buy these,
web-gtx-boot

I cannot go about wearing the same ones everyday.

If you are wearing them extensively all day then yes, the recommendation would generally buy another!

Any good deals on them?

Nungar always seem to have the best prices on RM boots - $405 rather than $545 retail

Not sure if any are hitting the Sydney Clearance store yet - https://www.rmwilliams.com.au/Store-Details?StoreID=Clearance_Homebush&lang=en_AU

wearing them extensively all day
Nah, only from home to the office and back again, I have a pair of shoes for during the day.

I might have to get some soon, my current boots have a blow out after only 6 months. I'm trying for a warranty claim first, they have had bugger all use.

@Mark1966

I squarely blame you. Got a comfort craftsman in chestnut. Them shoes better last me for a few years.

@Mark1966

I squarely blame you. Got a comfort craftsman in chestnut. Them shoes better last me for a few years.

Don't wear the same pair day in and day out and they will!

I've noticed that my Kangaroo Comfort Craftsman will need a resole next time the heal rubbers wear out. Prices from RMW are -
  • Full Re-Sole and Heel - $165.00
  • Full Re-Last - $220.00
I checked and I purchased them in May 2012 - so it will be six years by the time it is done ...

In other news my daughter visited on the weekend. She was wearing a beaten up, heel worn out paid of Timberland boots. She went home with some RMW Comfort Turnout boots, 'seconds' at $349 but still magnificent!

That’s why I got 2, just hope I don’t need a 7 day set :whistle:

Need?

Want?

I find those words becoming increasingly interchangeable ... :whistle:

I think with brown it is really important to get the right pair first time, black with blue jeans is pretty damn easy. I saw a really nice pair of brown Doc Martins the other day but at over 2 fiddy its a costly decision, my black Doc Martins are an easy choice.

Got my eye on a pair of Crockett & Jones Islay. Brown scotch grain calf with dainite rubber soles and storm welts.
EIL1k7O.jpg

Bond had a pair of these in Skyfall.

Got my eye on a pair of Crockett & Jones Islay. Brown scotch grain calf with dainite rubber soles and storm welts.
EIL1k7O.jpg

Bond had a pair of these in Skyfall.
Beautiful boots for the outdoor Gent. And they'd want to be at the asking price.

While only very loosely related, I’ve been wearing my lightweight Docs daily to work for the past year or so.
VgtBPIH.jpg

They are starting to be less than excellent, this is due in no small part to my inner souls being stolen by these guys.
0MAgM4hl.jpg

Turned the house upside down and seriously can’t find them anywhere, however as tax time is coming and my work seems quite chill about shoe choice I’m going a different way with some Onitsuka Tigers
HyzxWDB.jpg

As I’ve developed a preference for thin soles and more foot/ankle movement, FYI platypus has them going for STUPID cheap.
Moreover I don’t think my professional life would withstand some Vibrams.
8XOj8oe.jpg