Bourbon 2.0

vanNek

Ok where's the Bourbon lovers?

Just got a bottle of diamond jubilee wild turkey... I am in love!!!

Beautiful crafted and super smooth!

I'll hang out my flanno and say I like Jack, but Makers is better.

But most bourbon is too sweet for me on the occasions I spoil it with coke.

Jamesons FTW...

This post bought to you by Telstra 4G from Melbourne...

I haven't tried the Turkey Diamond yet but I would like to see what it is about. Fairly expensive to buy a bottle just to try it though.

I think if you bought the equivalent Blantons bottle (Gold Edition) you would get an even better drop for about the same cash.

I used to be very big on bourbon. Priced itself out of my
Means more or less the past few years unfortunately with pretty much a 60 buck buy in for anything worth sipping - say blantons original.

The Wild Turkey should be good but I have lost some faith with them since they pulled out 8 year and try to flog us Kentucky spirit for ridiculous sums.

Pretty
Much stick to the full strength makers via duty free these days.

The Blanton gold is nice but expensive for what it is IMO. If it's good turkey juice I put it ahead of the buffalo trace whiskies.

Duty free would be awesome.

I am yet to try makers or blantons, kind a "grew up" drinking turkey and have just been getting more more into the nice bottles kicking back and enjoying sipping it!!

There are plenty of good drops available if you are near a Dan Murphy's. Lots of "barrel cut" higher proof varieties.

I would be trying the Blantons (even the lower grades), Basil Haydens, Bookers, Woodford Reserve etc. You need to look at the grade just above Makers, so about $48-$65.

Turkey has really gone downhill in value terms in the last few years. Price has rocketed for no real reason.