BNE Brisbane Meet - 24/4/17

Sxot

Artisan Producer
So I will be in The Big Smoke to hand over PCTB#4a so might as well get as many as we can for a chin wag. Unfortunately I will be severely time limited - two hours absolute tops. But hey, don't let that stop the party going on into the night.

I'm going to be a Vic Point. Where are you at @Korbz? Some where mutually beneficial would be good. Where shall we meet? A Coffee Shop? I don't know what around where so I lean on others for that sort of thing.

If there is little to no interested, Korbs we can take it to PM and sort something out privately if you like. I have a feeling there aren't too many Bris members.

I'm northside about 20 mins from airport. On the 24th it's my daughter's birthday, so will be at Australia Zoo for the day. Might be able to catch up later on in the evening, but just depends on what time you're around. Otherwise, you could just catch up with @Tony Forsyth

Happy to catch up @Sxot I am on the Southside of Brisbane approximately 20mins out of the city. Through the day I am kind of tied to the shop/workshop but happy for you to visit.
Cheers Tony

Brown Sugar is a pretty reasonable place and it's close.

What do I call early? Well I do start most days at 4:30am so...

No early would be mid morning. 10am?

Sorry, forgot to respond :) yeah no worries for 10am. Will just check the place is open Anzac Day.

Yep, they're open 6am - 1pm. Can book a table if anyone else is coming, though it looks like probably not.

Hey @Tony Forsyth, would you mind bring some of your fine brushes? Ice Fusion and thise newer transparent ones if they aren't sold please.

I'll have some samples of some products Ive been working on.

@Sxot and @Korbz Sorry guys I cannot make it unfortunately :( The good news is I have my pressure pot all repaired and working again so some more clear/Transparent blanks will be in the making on one of my more feeling creative days. ;)
Enjoy your catch up and maybe next time.
Thanks
Tony

@Sxot and @Korbz Change of plan guy's. I will meet you there at 10:00am Tuesday and should be good for a couple of hours.
I will bring a few brushes along for sure. Anything else I should bring along Mark ??
Cheers Guys and see you Tuesday.

I have gathered a dozen or so brushes in different shapes and sizes in both 2 Bands and Synths. See you guys tomorrow !!
Cheers Tony

A very small get together today in Brisbane but good to catch up with @Sxot and @Korbz Took along some of my brushes and several different knots. Mark brought some of his recent brushes along and Scott had has traveling kit with him too. I got to get myself one of those Wee Scots. Sorry mate those straights still look to bloody dangerous to me !!
Company was good and so was the coffee and lets hope we can entice a few more Brissy locals to join in next time. Cheers for the samples too Scott and Mark enjoy your turn with the P&C Traveling Box of goodies :)
Until next time Cheers.
LRnDhv0.jpg

5nJ9fIm.jpg

ReYBxol.jpg

And last but not least the Wee Scot.
hm2gmuz.jpg

Great relaxing morning talking shaving over coffee! Hopefully we can scare more Brisbane members out of the shadows and catch up more often.

Thanks again @Mark1966 for organising the box. Got 9 soaps set aside that I want to give a run (and a handful of the aftershave), and already saved me a couple of purchases that I'm not as fond of as I thought I would be (myrsol form c and OSP Barbershop).

I can't get over how much P&B Spitfire smells like the old aircraft hangers I remember from my childhood (when Dad was alive and worked at TAA, they used to have parties in the hangars).

... Got 9 soaps set aside that I want to give a run (and a handful of the aftershave), and already saved me a couple of purchases that I'm not as fond of as I thought I would be (myrsol form c and OSP Barbershop).

Emphasis mine - see, the PCTB saves you money!

I can't get over how much P&B Spitfire smells like the old aircraft hangers I remember from my childhood (when Dad was alive and worked at TAA, they used to have parties in the hangars).

I was at Duxford a couple of years ago and it takes me back to being there and the hanger full of Spitfires!