Business / dress / work shoes

birkenstock-arizona-birko-flor-051701-mens-womens-brown-leather-sandals-brown.jpg

I have been hovering over the cart to get a pair of Trywhitt brown monks, but even with their easy local returns, I was hesitant because of sizing.

So I finally dropped into RMs outlet store and these fit like a glove, for $200, which less than my Ecco's cost. And at half a size bigger than I'd usually take...

Nice one mate, those look good. Price is right.

Looking for a comfortable pair of black leather dress shoes for work AU Size 11 if anyone has a near new 2nd hand pair for sale or seen a pair advertised

Looking for a comfortable pair of black leather dress shoes for work AU Size 11 if anyone has a near new 2nd hand pair for sale or seen a pair advertised

Try here on FB - https://www.facebook.com/groups/weltedshoesaustralia

You will get cheaper on FB Marketplace most likely, but the ones here tend to be sellers who will use good pics. I've brought and sold through that group.

To bring this thread back from the dead.
I have a bit of a collection of real shoes I have collected over my time in consulting/government/realestate and masonry

tqsCYBW.jpg

From the top left:

Thursday boots chukka- great for a cheap pair.

Loake 1880- Downing- bad picture but they are a great traditional derby kinda shoe

R.M Williams- Chelsea boots- how else would people know you are just an Aussie battler trying to get ahead.

Loake 1880- Ashby- I’ve had these brogues for like 10 years and year then about 2-3 times a week and get compliments regularly, hard to beat a pair of tan brogues

Loake 1880- cannon- double monk strap- just my opinion but i think a double monk with a light grey suit is fire.

Having learnt how to polish a shoe, and I mean really polish a shoe, not just throw some kiwi on it and actually get a real shine it really does set you apart, though this picture has all shoes due for a clean..
Well worth your time gents.

So how do you "really polish a shoe"?

So how do you "really polish a shoe"?
Oh mark, I’m so glad you ask….
When I’m home I’ll find some links :)
As with shaving you can rest assured that everything down prior was wrong and one needs many a product to do it to a specification the internet can approve of.

To bring this thread back from the dead.
I have a bit of a collection of real shoes I have collected over my time in consulting/government/realestate and masonry

tqsCYBW.jpg

From the top left:

Thursday boots chukka- great for a cheap pair.

Loake 1880- Downing- bad picture but they are a great traditional derby kinda shoe

R.M Williams- Chelsea boots- how else would people know you are just an Aussie battler trying to get ahead.

Loake 1880- Ashby- I’ve had these brogues for like 10 years and year then about 2-3 times a week and get compliments regularly, hard to beat a pair of tan brogues

Loake 1880- cannon- double monk strap- just my opinion but i think a double monk with a light grey suit is fire.

Having learnt how to polish a shoe, and I mean really polish a shoe, not just throw some kiwi on it and actually get a real shine it really does set you apart, though this picture has all shoes due for a clean..
Well worth your time gents.
Great post 👍.