C&E Discount

I just had a look, I was contemplating the West Indian Lime shave soap. The cheapest postage is $15 for a 100g bowl. They've got a great range of stuff so it's a shame they don't have a budget option because that put me right off.

Nice find though mate, I was all set to pull the trigger on a few things until I noticed the shipping.

Yeah postage is killer from the site.

Voucher is valid in store though. I'm lucky enough to have a store near by. I'm sure there is plenty in Melbs???

Yeah postage is killer from the site.

Voucher is valid in store though. I'm lucky enough to have a store near by. I'm sure there is plenty in Melbs???

Six in Victoria, see here.

Not the best soap in the world but looks nice.

One across the road from uni actually, so I'll pop in during the week and have a look.

Not the best soap in the world but looks nice.

Which one/ones did you try mate? Anything in particular that makes them unworthy of purchase? I was thinking about the lime one as a potentially good one for summer to accompany the TOBS jermyn for a bit of variation, but maybe I'll just wait and get some Trumpers lime down the track.

Which one/ones did you try mate? Anything in particular that makes them unworthy of purchase? I was thinking about the lime one as a potentially good one for summer to accompany the TOBS jermyn for a bit of variation, but maybe I'll just wait and get some Trumpers lime down the track.

I've tried Sienna and Sandalwood and both were pretty ordinary; thin, hard to lather up, not very slick or protective when they did. Ended up as shower soap inside a week. If they have any others, it'll be the same stuff with a different smell.

Haven't tried the creams.

I get an ok lather from it.....

For me it's usable.

But of course as always YLPKMV (your liters per kilometer may vary?)

Re: C&E Discount

A mate at work bought some C&E shaving soap from Karinyup and claimed it was probably the weakest soap he had tried. I think he gave it to his lady as a legshaver soap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like the C&E stuff, Nomad especially. It's a very interesting scent - performance is okay but nothing stellar.

I don't think it is worth what they charge for it though.

As others have said lather is OK but nothing special - lots of other soaps work better.

My wife is a C&E fan so I get a regular run through gifts. Last Christmas my son gave me a Nomad travel kit with cream, balm, after shave etc for example. It is passable but if she wasn't getting the VIP member discounts I would put my foot down and say don't bother.

NEVER pay full price for C&E products - be patient.

NEVER pay full price for C&E products - be patient.

Definatley ....

I went with West Indian Lime...smells very different to most of my kit.

I splurged and got the wooden bowl, as I don't have any actual bowls, usually just get the puck.

Anyway I was happy, and the wife got a hand cream sample, so all is well with the universe!

Re: C&E Discount

I can safely say I have never had lunch with any of their creams.

Last edited by a moderator:
if she wasn't getting the VIP member discounts I would put my foot down and say don't bother.

Oh yeah sure Mark - You who has more ADs than a dog has fleas is going to put your foot down if your long suffering wife doesn't get a discount on buying shaving stuff for you?

I rechon Drubbing and the rest of the Perth crowd would see the explosion from over there. I can see the scenje now
Small children and women rush indoors as the night sky lights up. Is it a volcano a nuclear blast "Naw" says Drubbing - "nowt to fret about Mark1966 just tried to put his foot down to his missus".

Oh yeah sure Mark - You who has more ADs than a dog has fleas is going to put your foot down if your long suffering wife doesn't get a discount on buying shaving stuff for you?

I rechon Drubbing and the rest of the Perth crowd would see the explosion from over there. I can see the scenje now
Small children and women rush indoors as the night sky lights up. Is it a volcano a nuclear blast "Naw" says Drubbing - "nowt to fret about Mark1966 just tried to put his foot down to his missus".

LOL!

I can admit that when I confessed the investment I'd made in my bottom dial that she did say she would never worry about buying shoes again....

Mind you. I'm now claiming that in these difficult economic times that my razor collection is a hedge against economic collapse...