Review Cabernet and Neroli Tallow Shaving Soap

Dale.Whiley

2017 Sabbatical
Townsville - postcode is one digit off heaven
Tiki Cabernet and Neroli Tallow Shaving Soap
Got to try this soap thanks to the generosity of @filobiblic . I have used this soap 3 mornings in a row.

Product Description from website

Our Cabernet and Neroli Tallow Shaving Soap is a very sweet scent blend of red wine and fresh orange blossoms. It is a very strongly scented soap, and reminds me of days spent at the beach, perhaps because I connect neroli with the Florida coastline.

Scent when dry
The soap (I only had a small sample, not a jar) had a sweet scent but not at all strong. Definitely orange (I have an OJ each morning just before my shave).

Scent when wet
Although slightly stronger I can't go with the site, product description "It is a very strongly scented soap". Nah; sweet and pleasant but by no means strong.

Loading the Berkley
Mashed the sample into my wooden bowl. 15-20 seconds of loading and there was ample in the badger to proceed.

The lather
Absolutely great. Even, creamy, thick, small bubbled lather, not dry. Easily enough for 3 passes and remained moist for each pass. Only good news in the load & lather department.

The proof is in the pudding
The straight just glided over my face cutting the stubble with ease. This is a great shaving soap.

Overall
Great shaving soap. Disappointing in the (lack of) scent department. If you like a good shave without any strong scent then this soap is for you. A sweet & pleasant scent but a the weaker side. I like a soap "I can sink my teeth into" and want the total wet shave experience including a scent that slaps me in the face. Due to the lack of scent this would not be part of my regular rotation but as far as shave quality goes I give it a thumbs-up.

You forgot to mention the soap maker: Tiki Bar soap [emoji6]

Great review @Dale.Whiley [emoji106] You've been pumping them out left and right!

/Edit: I stand corrected: you did mention the soap maker. [emoji15]