Can't help AusPost, but Island Watch is awesome

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
So, as I have posted elsewhere, I bought my nephew a watch for Christmas from Island Watch (aka Long Island Watches). The unfortunate part is that it was promptly dispatched on the 5th of December and ended up in Sydney on the 12th, only to be held up in Customs until the 17th, and then to be dispatched to The Bermuda Triangle the Australia Post 'sorting' facility at Chullora. :mad:

Having truly missed Christmas Day, I decided to send a quick note to Island Watch today but not expecting any response for a minimum 24 hours and most likely longer due to the festive season. No of course that didn't happen at all, I had the owner of Island Watch (Marc) reply to me within TWO MINUTES with a great response, including the fact it is insured so don't worry about it, they will sort it out once the extra days for Public Holidays passes, plus the festive backlog of packages is cleared.

So yes, I am in shock. Add to the fact that postage to us down here is just USD$5 per unit and it comes from a solid seller.... all I can say is that you can put them on your list of vendors along with the Singapore resellers who often are sold out. SKX007's for USD$199 every day, SARB033's go for just over Massdrop prices, plus a heap of inexpensive Citizens, Orients and other slightly oddball watches like the Seagull 1963's and the Sturmanskie Russian watches.

Not for a minute would I hesitate to buy from Marc in the future, he is the kind of guy that like our very own @shavetheman that only acts in the way you would expect of a quality vendor. If it had not been for AusPost letting me down, it would have been an excellent ordering experience all the way from placing the order to signing for it.

he stocks some solid honest pieces too. Great to hear some positive reviews mate thanks for sharing.(y)
Now I encourage everyone to buy more watches in 2017....

Definitely will be time to get some more of my wishlist appearing in my hands, and I will be getting some from these guys.

Definitely will be time to get some more of my wishlist appearing in my hands, and I will be getting some from these guys.
I'm encouraged by the use of the word "some". Love your work RM!
watch20150304141836.png

Having truly missed Christmas Day, I decided to send a quick note to Island Watch today but not expecting any response for a minimum 24 hours and most likely longer due to the festive season. No of course that didn't happen at all, I had the owner of Island Watch (Marc) reply to me within TWO MINUTES with a great response, including the fact it is insured so don't worry about it, they will sort it out once the extra days for Public Holidays passes, plus the festive backlog of packages is cleared.

A timely response.