Cella (& other softies)

Wow, since when did it jump up to $50? Last time I looked it was about $40.

How old are you? Did you look when you were 5? Been $50 for ages.

Must be time for a Cella post.

Check this out.....

Just to prove it can be done with a Semogue.

[video]http://youtu.be/UZTEQCG0KOQ[/video]

Since you are in the Italian mood - a Proraso advert

[video]http://youtu.be/OjLlvS7tUcM[/video]

BTW - What makes you wake up in the morning and think, 'Hmmm, today I'll make a lather making video?' it is far too common to be merely an accidental thought.

Last edited:
And the kicker is - that dude sold it shortly afterwards.

LOL!

My question still stands though -

What makes you wake up in the morning and think, 'Hmmm, today I'll make a lather making video?'

There's something seriously weird about watching blokes shave.

+1 Anything involving a camera in a bathroom is beyond me

+1 Anything involving a camera in a bathroom is beyond me

Yes. It's far more normal to take your 200+ razors to the office and photograph them there.

Or... I have some razors for sale. Will swap for brand new Toyota Camry. Please send picture of Camry. Ideally, not taken in a bathroom.

Last edited:
There's something seriously weird about watching blokes shave.
At least there was good music in the background, "Different drum" I only recently heard susanna hoffs and matthew sweet cover of it a couple of years ago of that song, and just heard/saw their cover a couple of weeks ago on YT. Susanna is still hot at 53 y/o.

IIRC that guy only did it because he was challenged that boars can't lather as well as badgers, so he made 2-3 videos, and he said he would never do it again as it was only to prove a point.

He wasn't challenged directly, he just took part in it. The guy starting didn't believe boars were any good and needed a physics degree to get them to work (obviously been reading too much Marco).

I think it's safe to say it started the whole Smog FOTM.

He wasn't challenged directly, he just took part in it.
Yeah, that's right, he just weighed into it on his own accord and uploaded the video for proof.
Has he done more videos after that?

It started the smog FOTM? Way to be a revisionist and not mention your part LOL.

Edit: Changing the line in my sig from "Drubbing made me buy too many brushes." to "Drubbing made me buy too many semogue brushes.", because even one is too many to have these days based on what you say.

Last edited:
Yes. It's far more normal to take your 200+ razors to the office and photograph them there.

Hey, I didn't take them there, that was where they were posted to!

Or... I have some razors for sale. Will swap for brand new Toyota Camry. Please send picture of Camry. Ideally, not taken in a bathroom.

No, I've seen the new advertisement - if I was driving a Camry I'd jump off the cliff into the ocean to0 ....

At least there was good music in the background, "Different drum" I only recently heard susanna hoffs and matthew sweet cover of it a couple of years ago of that song, and just heard/saw their cover a couple of weeks ago on YT. Susanna is still hot at 53 y/o.

Susanna Hoffs - she is an E1 then? Have I been collecting too long?

IIRC that guy only did it because he was challenged that boars can't lather as well as badgers, so he made 2-3 videos, and he said he would never do it again as it was only to prove a point.

yes but there are HEAPS of them, not just his!

He wasn't challenged directly, he just took part in it. The guy starting didn't believe boars were any good and needed a physics degree to get them to work (obviously been reading too much Marco).

I think it's safe to say it started the whole Smog FOTM.

So what is 'the whole Smog FOTM' for dummies like me? PM if necessary

Last edited:
Susanna Hoffs - she is an E1 then? Have I been collecting too long?
The Bangles lead singer, you know that 1980s band?
Collecting too long? Er no, you haven't been doing it long, just rapidly and with 'gusto and applomb' as they say in the region of the world where you come from Marco.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's right, he just weighed into it on his own accord and uploaded the video for proof.
Has he done more videos after that?

It started the smog FOTM? Way to be a revisionist and not mention your part LOL.

I remember it well. THe bloke who said boars were crap and Marco was a deluded Italian, was JP Dyson. He challenged anyone to do a boar lathering vid to show otherwise. Bald dude was one of many that uploaded vids. IIRC he never posted much at all after that, but just enough to flog off his 830.

Yes I took part in the FOTM. For shame. But you only judge that which you know, by that which you've tried. Even I thought too many of them were stretching the differences between one same specced Smog and another.

I remember it well. THe bloke who said boars were crap and Marco was a deluded Italian, was JP Dyson. He challenged anyone to do a boar lathering vid to show otherwise. Bald dude was one of many that uploaded vids. IIRC he never posted much at all after that, but just enough to flog off his 830.

Yes I took part in the FOTM. For shame. But you only judge that which you know, by that which you've tried. Even I thought too many of them were stretching the differences between one same specced Smog and another.

JpDyson last posted today 10:22 PM -so he is still around!

What is FOTM??????

What is FOTM??????

French Obsidian Transvestite Men
Fire On The Mountain
Fish On The Menu
Friends Of Traditional Music
Fact Of The Matter

or more likely in this case

Flavour Of The Month