Change up: all new kit

garethm

For this morning's shave I used kit I've never used before: Gillete Flare Tip, Wilkinson blade, Semogue 830 brush and Prosaro soap. All PIF'd to me by generous P&C members.
I subscribe to the theory of changing one thing at a time to isolate the cause/effect of any negative experiences. But what the heck! I've a handful of new kit and can't wait to use it!
Exec summary is that the shave was really good.
I had trouble with getting enough lather and I'm not sure if this was the soap or brush or the combination of both or just me!
Razor and blade were great. Nice weight in the razor and I think the shorter handle (than my 34C) was real nice. I think I'm still using too much pressure and with the longer handle. The shorter handle reduces the leverage and hence the pressure.
First use of this type of blade and it was fantastic. Nice aural qualities and cut with ease.
A few hours later and I'm still nice and smooth!

I usually bowl lather but today I was having no luck with my bowl so tried to face lather. I have a small Prosaro sample from gthomas and I think the small size was an issue. I'll try the same combo of hardware but use my full sized soap next time.