Chasing feedback - Whispers from the Woods, Captain's Choice, APR, B&M soaps

~Spyne~

Hey all, while I'll find any information personally helpful, my main point of this is to help me decide what to buy as part of a wedding present I'm putting together for two mates who have just tied the knot.
So does anyone have feedback on the shaving soaps from these companies - or even better, comparisons between them in terms of performance and ease of use.

I could go with things I've tried and liked, but I've mostly stuck to TOBS, Proraso and GFT.

I like them all. But in this case I would vote for B&M since it has such broad appeal. I actually used my Leviathan splash this morning. Reserve:Classic or Seville would also be safe choices for scent. However, the Reserve bases can be tricky for young players.

+1 for APR:Fenchurch. I feel this one in particular is special.

I haven't tried any of the recent Whispers offerings. But their old stuff was lovely yet somewhat underrated.

I like them all. But in this case I would vote for B&M since it has such broad appeal. I actually used my Leviathan splash this morning. Reserve:Classic or Seville would also be safe choices for scent. However, the Reserve bases can be tricky for young players.

+1 for APR:Fenchurch. I feel this one in particular is special.

I haven't tried any of the recent Whispers offerings. But their old stuff was lovely yet somewhat underrated.
+2 on the the Fenchurch (y)

I'd suss out what scents the bride and groom to be like, then see if there are any that are complimentary.

I'd go for APR and include the matching EdT/EdP
@~Spyne~ agree with the above. As a set it'll look great & complete class as a present.
May I suggest a fougere as an all-rounder. Never know the other partner my want to use it as well.

I'd suss out what scents the bride and groom to be like, then see if there are any that are complimentary.
Who said they were a straight couple. Could be groom & groom :unsure:

The latest Squadron release was such a beautiful citrus and gave me one of the smoothest, well cushioned shaves I've had. And wasn't difficult to lather either. And this is coming from using APR as may daily. If Beard & Blade stocked them with free delivery I'd be all over them. Wish I ordered more than one except I'd only just stocked up on APR.