Cheers

possumbelly

[No giant lemons here]
This "Distillery" area of the forum is pretty quiet. Thought I would get it going again if anyone else is up for it. Maybe everyone's on the mineral water or drinking green tea. If so, share some thoughts.

For me - it's been pretty hectic leading up to Xmas, so I'm enjoying a dram of this bourbon while reading my new book. This one is full flavored and "chewy". [emoji106]
K2zHcop.jpg

Good to see you enjoying one of the products that keeps me employed @possumbelly! Thinking about getting a bottle of the single barrel whilst it's on special at work.

Me, unfortunately I missed out on getting some Hibiki 12yo, so went the young Hakushu. Next year won't be any better for supply issues with the Japanese whisky unfortunately.

image_5.jpeg

I tried Lagavulin for the first time last night and discovered I disagree with Ron Swanson.
Way too peaty and smokey for me.

Good to see you enjoying one of the products that keeps me employed @possumbelly! Thinking about getting a bottle of the single barrel whilst it's on special at work.

Me, unfortunately I missed out on getting some Hibiki 12yo, so went the young Hakushu. Next year won't be any better for supply issues with the Japanese whisky unfortunately.

image_5.jpeg
Hakushu was very nice when I tried it a few years ago. Very refined and subtle is how I recall it. Reminds me I must try some more Japanese whiskeys.

image_5.jpeg
Forum discounts ? ;)
As for the Japanese Whiskey, from the range that I was able to sample at a Dan's whiskey experience evening, none stood out, in that none presented characteristics that seperated them from the competition.
Yes they were smooth, refined etc, yet nothing to note that enamored the user with an unique experience or character.
Maybe as I gain more experience pallette wise this will change though.

I tried Lagavulin for the first time last night and discovered I disagree with Ron Swanson.
Way too peaty and smokey for me.
Avoid Adberg in that case.

I was killing time in Singapore Airport this morning when I came across a bottle of Cognac that cost ~AU$36 000. Insanity!

On my way home I'll probably grab a couple of litres of gin for $33.

:LOL:

I've got about a quarter of a bottle of Hibiki at home. Seriously good stuff. Quite sweet and full of that date/Christmas pudding flavour. Yum. Maybe I'll have one tonight... :)

We have been doing G&Ts with Hendricks and cucumber as aperitifs lately. Picked up some Greenall's today to infuse with lemon for a different flavour.

Also lots of different beers. Spent 2 weeks in / around Radelaide and ended up hitting the breweries harder than the vinyards!

James