Chinese adjustable

@David7307 yes had one and PIF it.
Quality was good for the money. Couple of scratches and some minor plating issues but none you would care for if purchased and delivered for $15 AUD.
Shaved very well and delivered on what it offered. Frankly I wouldn't purchase the original and get the Chinese clone if you are interested. Think they offer a stand as well now for a few more dollars.

For the cost, just give it a go. If like me and it didn't suit you just PIF it to another member like I did. Everyone wins :giggle:

@David7307 I done a review on this razor last year. It’s under the heading “Adjustable”. It worked very well once I ironed out a fault with the cap.
@David7307 here is the post he referred to called 'adjustable' and look for the Ming-Shi entry.

Just to add, I didn't like the Ming-Shi or Futur due to the design of the head and lack of knurling. It shaved very well and smooth.

I kept a couple and PIF a few and keep one loaded in the bathroom so the girls will use that instead of my SOTD.
I agree with all of the above comments. You have to make sure the head is seated correctly. It is light and rounded provides a smooth shave with adjustable blade options.
A lot of blade chatter on the higher settings and the cap can rock from side to side. I do not recommend on high settings but a good safe razor below #3 for the price.
Let's say it convinced me not to waste my money on the original expensive version. @eggbert took one to the UK with him.

I kept a couple and PIF a few and keep one loaded in the bathroom so the girls will use that instead of my SOTD.
I agree with all of the above comments. You have to make sure the head is seated correctly. It is light and rounded provides a smooth shave with adjustable blade options.
A lot of blade chatter on the higher settings and the cap can rock from side to side. I do not recommend on high settings but a good safe razor below #3 for the price.
Let's say it convinced me not to waste my money on the original expensive version. @eggbert took one to the UK with him.
Hey........ Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrd!

I'm sure you might end up buying another new Yaqi or QShave razor again, to try out another product :smuggrin::smug:

Unfortunately I got sucked into trying it when it first came out ordered both the Ming-shi & QShave. I believe the Qshave was the 'better' version with limited blade allignment issues and thankfully both of mine were good. Whilst not an actual Futur its affordable and shaves well enough but I could never get over the size of the head which makes shaving under the nose difficult for me. Gave the Qshave to my brother who rarely uses it for similar reasons and put the Ming-shi in my travel bag as a spare. As for the blades, I copped some stick for using them but they were OK for me. Definately not Feathers but I also don't mind Rockwell blades so... YMMV.

I tried the Qshave but gave it away. Around that price range I think a Baili, Dorco, or Feather Popular are better buys - but they aren't adjustable.

I've got a Ming Shi 2000s. There is a correct way to click the cap on.
The two dots on the base (A) go opposite the raised bump on the outside of the cap (B).
cap-alignment-gif.180720

I think it shaves well, but I use all adjustables on their maximum setting. Been growing a mustache since 1979 so the thick cap hasn't been a problem. Slippery handle? Dry hands. Someone suggested heat & shrink electrical wire insulation, or plastic dip for tool handles. I'm glad I bought one since I'd not likely have purchased a Merkur Futur at the much higher price.

I've got a Ming Shi 2000s. There is a correct way to click the cap on.
The two dots on the base (A) go opposite the raised bump on the outside of the cap (B).
Thanks for pointing this out @Kevlar Merkin. I would never have figured there was a difference with the cap positioning.
Although I must admit some days it felt better than others. Now I know why.
@paging @revhed @astinus4 @eggbert . If you are still using the PIF

Thanks for pointing this out @Kevlar Merkin. I would never have figured there was a difference with the cap positioning.
Will have to check out how I've been (infrequently) using it while I was on holiday later. I've noticed it gives a lot more feedback noise than the Fatboy / Slim combo.

I PIFed to a colleague who’s just getting into wet shaving, and his feedback was pretty positive. Unfortunately he’s now left Darwin and don’t have his contact details to followup