Connaughtshaving

Pjotr

Cultured Philistine
2016 Sabbatical
Ever heard of this mob? Really cheap and they seem to have everything I generally look out for. Crazy shipping prices too. You don't have to log on. They give you equivalents in Euros and US dollars. Great site.

Welcome To Connaught Shaving

Last edited:
Never used them, but heard others have had no problems with them.

I was only really half keen on the Italian Floid which was always out of stock, and they sold samples. Not listed now, so they must have given up trying to get it in.

They are a banned vendor across the pond. This is more to do with the fact that there was pressure applied towards the vendor as they were cheaper than some in the US, even after postage!

The mods at B&B were rightfully told where to shove it. There's plenty of "why is filtered vendor[\i] a filtered vendor" threads over there but none of the mods or admins want to talk about it. I smell a rodent.

As far as I am concerned, no restrictions apply here, unless there is a vendor really being a prick, in which case the ban is made known with supporting evidence.

Connaught is even filtered when discussing though PMs IN B&B!

I bought all my SE GEM blades from connaught. Some DE samplers a few years ago, and maybe a soap or two.

Edit: ^
The fact that some vendors are banned from B&B, but still have a good reputation on other shaving forums says it all really. If the vendor was bad, other forum users would have had problems with them too wouldn't they?

Last edited:
They are a banned vendor across the pond. This is more to do with the fact that there was pressure applied towards the vendor as they were cheaper than some in the US, even after postage!

The mods at B&B were rightfully told where to shove it. There's plenty of "why is filtered vendor[\i] a filtered vendor" threads over there but none of the mods or admins want to talk about it. I smell a rodent.

Wow.
Did not know that.
Just ridiculous!

If they bounced them because they were too worried about upsetting established vendors, then that's just crap.

So why hasn't superior shave, with their low cost, pick your own knot shape, free worldwide shipping - not been subjected to the same? Merkur was unhappy about the prices they were selling their products for too, or are B&B vendor rules purely arbitrary?

Hi everyone,

If you want to know why Connaught are banned from B&B read this. Looks like they broke the B&B TOS.

For the record I have ordered several things from them and have been happy with their service and their prices suit my tight budget :)

Len.