Cream/Soap/Tallow stuff

Pjotr

Cultured Philistine
2016 Sabbatical
I don't know. I've decided I've become a complete tallow snob. Aside from the occasional dalliance with Tabac cream I generally don't go near anything vegetable. When I do use them my first reaction is always that there's nothing wrong with vegetable shaving cream and then I start missing that yogurty feel and consistency and the fact that you can add ridiculous amounts of water in to the mix whilst building it up. Although Proraso is a notable exception, a lot of the ones I've tried have scents that are too strong and I don't particularly like, as if you're shaving with a perfume. The Tabac cream suffers from that too but, although they're actually quite different, I love the smell of Tabac soap and cream.

It might be just a phase I'm going through or the weather or something. I used to be happy with any cream or soap that had "shaving" written on the packaging.

Nothing wrong with that. Once I get through all my creams and soaps, I'm limiting myself to Acqua di Parma. Expensive, but it's sooooo good. Only needs a few swirls to generate a brush full of lather. I used Proraso the other night and I was surprised how much I needed to load the brush.

Bit of a tallow snob too, but I've found no reason to stray from Cade for over a week, which is veggie. Smells nice, shaves very well and is protective. A quick switch up to Cella yesterday yielded the closest shave in yonks however.

Yeah Cella is a great soap. Just as I was on my last little bit from the birds turd you left in my letter box, Veteran is PIFing me his tub. It doesn't agree with him. The Vet's a good man.