Damaging blades/blade inconsistencies

pyrokov

A problem with both 100 packs of blades I've purchased, Some blades feel wonderfully smooth and some feel awfully rough from the one packet. First it was with Lord Super Chrome, where approx 2 blades in every pack of 5 felt extremely rough on my face, and I think they might have been a big reason for some of my previous skin issues. Now it's with Personna Lab Blues. I was given 5 blades thanks to @MrT before, and my first 3 blades felt really nice so I decided to buy a 100 pack a few weeks ago. However, as I was going through the last 2 blades it felt like the blades were quite rough on my face and it began to worry me. I've now gone through 3 blades of the new 100 pack, and the same consistent inconsistency is troubling. Now, this isn't rough to the level that it's giving me skin problems like the Lord Super Chromes did, but it kinda sucks that I'm not always getting the same awesomely smooth blade.
Which leads me to my two questions,
1. Has anyone else experienced this black and white difference in performance between the one pack of blades? I know manufacturing isn't perfect, but I didn't expect the 40% shit rate from the Lord SC, and Personna's machining should be quite good right?
2. Is damaging a blade from its wrapping a problem? I'm thinking that perhaps the blades might get wrecked from contact with the wrapping. These Lab Blues aren't stuck to their wrap with wax (and thus are able to rattle around inside the papers) where I've noticed other blades are, especially with Feathers and their very precise wrapping in a manner where the blades are never touching the side of the wrap. Perhaps the blade might be getting damaged while taking it out of the wrap if one somehow lightly scrapes the blade with paper?

@pyrokov thanks for raising this question, cause I just keep on bashing my bloody head a few times trying to solved this issue and still no bloody luck at all.

Last edited:
It happens. I've had Feathers and other good blades that aren't up to snuff. Don't forget your face reacting to shaving on different days, and technique, is not 100% repeatable.