December 2015 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which lid label type is the Yardley @filobiblic ?
There are different types?
It just says: "Yardley Shaving Soap / 33 Old Bond Street / London". There is an embossed stamp on the knob. No other markings or labels elsewhere.

Yes, mainly colours/design.

Yesterday I received my first order from Con's store: thestraywhisker.com.au

I got the SV Tundra Artica soap and the SV 70th anniversary gift bundle (soap, balm and bath soap). Some great smelling stuff.

It was very well packed and delivered very promptly.

Order number 119 is collected!

Classy box -

Carefull, and generous, packaging -

The Alt Innsbruck is mine!

The candy canes and sample are a nice touch.

OH, the British Flare Tip SuperSpeed (not Rocket) is a separate, pre-sabbatical, purchase ;)

BTW - I suggest that you do NOT be a clumsy klutz and spill a portion of your new purchase on your desk and have to sit there feeling overwhelmed by the scent, kinda nauseous and have a headache now ...

Last edited:
Classy box -

Carefull, and generous, packaging -

The candy canes and sample are a nice touch.
It's the small details that make you take notice and want to return. [emoji6]

BTW - I suggest that you do NOT be a clumsy klutz and spill a portion of your new purchase on your desk and have to sit there feeling overwhelmed by the scent, kinda nauseous and have a headache now ...
Oh dear! Almost time for a new purchase... [emoji13]

Yesterday I received my first order from Con's store: thestraywhisker.com.au

I got the SV Tundra Artica soap and the SV 70th anniversary gift bundle (soap, balm and bath soap). Some great smelling stuff.

It was very well packed and delivered very promptly.
How can a soap named tundra artica have no menthol?

Dear oh dear, the headache you got implies you might have developed an allergy.
Better PIF the Alt Innsbruck then... [emoji38]

Dear oh dear, the headache you got implies you might have developed an allergy.

Oh dear ...

Certainly cannot STAND the smell of it at the moment!

10299153_10204016939582281_3447006587971136079_n.jpg

This one's a punt based on the (very reputable!) seller's pitch.

"Ever hear of a Golden Rod?

Nope, neither had I. But.... this razor, which has pretty basic ugly scales, and is totally unknown... the blade is 100% a Dubl Duck Gold Edge. I know, I owned both side by side, honed and shaved with both, blind test. They are the same blade, out of the same workshop.

I sold my DD because I had this one, and could get nearly $300 for the DD. But honestly, if you want a bargain price, like new DD blade (with a funny name) in boring scales, this is a bargain."

....and, don't mind the shitty photo, cause it certainly does have the golden edge along the tang, stabiliser, etc.

Even tempted to break my rest day and shave tomorrow to see how she goes.

1fJBnNM.jpg

The Stray Whisker strikes again!

Alt Innsbruck EdC
Saponifico Varensino "Arctic Tundra" and wooden bowl

The first of many (I'm certain!) parcels from TSW. As others have stated earlier- the packaging is sturdy and the presentation is outstanding. These goodies arrived promptly and in perfect order. Quality products that are now able to be sourced locally for the first time. Great prices too considering both the cost of shipping and exchange rates from overseas.

I really wish the Alt Innsbruck had a reducer on it... It's a great old school bottle with the old school problem of an open mouth. @Mark1966 already knows what effect that can have...!

I really wish the Alt Innsbruck had a reducer on it... It's a great old school bottle with the old school problem of an open mouth. @Mark1966 already knows what effect that can have...!

Yes indeed - still don't think I can bring myself to use it ...

Yes @stillshunter that is 200ml of Tdh pure parfume and there is a distinct similarity between it and the Yardley :)
TWvhNQp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.