December 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Christmas coffee light reading and restoration works ...

Interesting... I have one of those metal Gillette cartridge handles in my drawer at work.
(one of the guys here owns and antique store)

Interesting... I have one of those metal Gillette cartridge handles in my drawer at work.
(one of the guys here owns and antique store)

For carts they are the best around IMHO - but I will be unlikely to use them :)

Thanks man, looks like they do! :) Never heard of those shops before.
Your welcome..I ordered a few soaps at once, shipping worked out similar to Maggards that way and seemed more worthwhile ! Only found them recently myself after searching high and low determined to get some lol

Good to see you trying straights @Mark1966 - but those look like they need a little bit of work before use :ROFLMAO:

I was going to list them on eBay, NOS or mint? Good condition?

Yeah. wasn't purchased for them :)

My first fat handle tech and via the wild. It's a 1940s English one with the slots and I'm chuffed. Handle itself has some funky home repair but that and the slight verdigris meant I could get it down to $10. Head is in okay nick for its age now that I've given it a vigorous brass brush and then polish. It's amazing how these old razors come up with some elbow grease.

Last edited:
Bnu90x0.jpg

Just had this arrive, nice knife just needed a bit of work on the stone :)

27436188389_f671fd0d02_z.jpg

First a box of coffee to keep the wheels turning. Thanks to @Arnold J Rimmer , it actually turned up yesterday.
25346414418_c625099dab_c.jpg

Then stocking up for the holiday soap fest. What's with the unicorny rubber duck!!? It even says it's not for children. (maybe it's what's inside that makes it special?) Got a litre of Avocado oil too which I haven't used before. Smells great.

Today's arrivals courtesy of TSW:
1 x APR Fresca
1 x APR General Ledger
1 x APR Lightning Ridge
1 x sample of Golden Dept. After the Fire
1 x sample of Golden Dept. Neroli di Bois
1 x PAA CAD soap
Also waiting on 1 x Razor Rock Baby Smooth razor, in hopes that it's as good, if not better than the Mamba!
That'll be the last razor I purchase for a long long time. I hope...? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.