December 2018 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paladin Beehive
nAhrKC5.jpg
EhR3kCE.jpg
@Bozley82 how many hippies have you got in your den, otherwise I’m very worried about you smoking to much grass while you’re shaving.

Last edited:
Picked these up a while back but had them shipped to my parents in Canada and just gave them a good clean up.
zEhi0XHm.jpg

The Fatboy is an E1 date code which from my understanding is 1st quarter 1959 and seems to be in pretty good nic, virtually no plate loss to my eye.
ExFxZq6l.jpg

aWyxuz7l.jpg

It is cased but unfortunately the case was cracked in transit.
amNLXZcl.jpg

dpYc76dl.jpg
Hope that's camera angle where the Fat Boy is in the palm of your hand cause it looks bent to the left on the top

Hope that's camera angle where the Fat Boy is in the palm of your hand cause it looks bent to the left on the top
The Fatboy top head is bent to the left slightly which I didn't notice, glad you've picked that up grumpy

You're right, in the photo it really looks bent.
Scared the crap outta me!

Went and put a square on it and it's fine don't know why it looks that way in the photo😀

It arrived a few days ago, while I was muttonbirding up at the Furneaux Group

9ftS2K9.jpg

I have not shaved yet, but It was so great last night to smell them after a very loong day when i arrived home very late. Both are really nice, I would say I can smell them and pick up the broad description of scents from the splashes. I wear this morning bombora and I think my nose "sensors" lost it fast, but the scent remains, as I can smell it from the clothes. Passione... well, I can say APRICOT! the first thing I can pick up from it as I put it to my nose. I am always a bit reluctant to parfum or EdT fruity, don't know why, because then I always love them, so I am hoping to get some next January once APR is back after summer holidays, or maybe I should secure it now...

It arrived a few days ago, while I was muttonbirding up at the Furneaux Group

9ftS2K9.jpg

I have not shaved yet, but It was so great last night to smell them after a very loong day when i arrived home very late. Both are really nice, I would say I can smell them and pick up the broad description of scents from the splashes. I wear this morning bombora and I think my nose "sensors" lost it fast, but the scent remains, as I can smell it from the clothes. Passione... well, I can say APRICOT! the first thing I can pick up from it as I put it to my nose. I am always a bit reluctant to parfum or EdT fruity, don't know why, because then I always love them, so I am hoping to get some next January once APR is back after summer holidays, or maybe I should secure it now...

YX39yH7.jpg

Highly recommended - can't wait for my next shave

Ahhh enjoy Gents....They are wonderful scents IMHO....🤓🤓🤓

Ahhh enjoy Gents....They are wonderful scents IMHO....🤓🤓🤓

Truly winners for sure!!

I can say with absolute certainty, that is the first time anyone has ever said that in relation to receiving an AP Reserve delivery!

I hope you enjoy them both my friend :)

I am already enjoying them, but then, I have to push myself to make another "new" or "unique" post regarding APR Stuff. One for sure will come in a year :)

All must be great, but the warden is a winner!!!!
That it is.
It has a beautiful face feel that lasts a fair while. The scent dissipates quite quickly but comes back with a little tantalizing hint if my body temp rises. With the job I do and the CQ weather this happens frequently throughout the day.:happy:
I put some on at four this morning and at about five PM I could just smell it while loading the work ute.(y)
I can see myself having to by a backup or five.

When I first bought the soap, the initial thought was it was a little overpowering. The scent was quite sweet and strong on first opening the tub. I am not sure if the soap has matured or my sense of smell has changed but after about a week, I tried it again and the scent strength is there but the sweetness had mellowed right down. The cedarwood and tobacco had come to the front and I was dam happy about that.
It is in the top three of my favourite soaps. For the labbies on here, yes my sample base is limited but I don't bloody care.:p It would take something special to knock it out of my favourites list.

Status
Not open for further replies.