December 2018 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a Schick adjustable and a Rocket HD at a vintage market this morning. My reward for finishing my Christmas shopping.
You’ll love the Rocket HD500 as I enjoy mine, never had a Schick adjustable would interested reading your feedback

Christmas 2018 haul!

ZN7Qkka.jpg

My wife knows the favourite aftershave I use and she also loves the scent when I’m wearing it!

Never heard of the shave cream before but sure smells delightful. I can’t see it anywhere on the tub but smells like limes which I enjoy.

The mug is a great touch and came with a Sandlewood soap puck. Again it smells nice.

Finally a Muhle Razor. Not sure which one it is, but what a thoughtful wife I have!

Christmas 2018 haul!

ZN7Qkka.jpg

My wife knows the favourite aftershave I use and she also loves the scent when I’m wearing it!

Never heard of the shave cream before but sure smells delightful. I can’t see it anywhere on the tub but smells like limes which I enjoy.

The mug is a great touch and came with a Sandlewood soap puck. Again it smells nice.

Finally a Muhle Razor. Not sure which one it is, but what a thoughtful wife I have!
I like the bowl in the picture 👍

Christmas 2018 haul!

ZN7Qkka.jpg

There's a review thread in the cream forum for Murphy and Daughters from a few years ago. Nice stuff from memory.

Not an acquisition but Christmas present!
Absolutely blown away that my brother in-law searched high and low from a passing comment months ago that I'd like to try a Gillette Red Tip.
So he got me this present this morning:
80f12b1b24.png

A British Red Tip Super Speed no doubt in very very good condition (y)
No date code and only the 'III' level rating stamped on the base. Date anyone?
He got a Dan Murphys voucher from me so his whiskey choice is wide open, if anyone asks.

Merry Christmas P&Cers!

Absolutely blown away that my brother in-law searched high and low from a passing comment months ago that I'd like to try a Gillette Red Tip.
80f12b1b24.png

He got a Dan Murphys voucher from me so his whiskey choice is wide open, if anyone asks.

Merry Christmas P&Cers!
I’ve been hunting for a British Red Tip for nearly two years and still no luck at all, you’re Brother-in-law’s is the luckiest bastard, look after that beautiful baby Red Tip she’s gorgeous.

80f12b1b24.png

Merry Christmas P&Cers!

Lovely Red Tip!

No date codes on the British Gillettes

I got these from my sister for Christmas.

Crown King (Phoenix Artisans Accoutrements) kokum butter base (pre ck-6) Lo Haiku

Ariane and Evans - Spartacus.

Absolutely love the smell of the Spartacus but get a little irritation from the soap (not enough to discourage me using it though) anyone have any experience with this? Is it likely to be something in the soap base or a fragrance issue?

Been chasing these for a while - discontinued NOS tallow version of The Art of Shaving Sandalwood.

vuDFC5l.jpg

I love the AOS NOS Sandalwood, there is an outfit on ebay that sells them in 3 puck sets btw - they come wrapped in the AOS drawstring bags if you are ever hunting for refills.

I love the AOS NOS Sandalwood, there is an outfit on ebay that sells them in 3 puck sets btw - they come wrapped in the AOS drawstring bags if you are ever hunting for refills.
Cheers, Mate.

It's official. This is just an update to let everyone know I finally got my Rockwell 6C razor. It was delivered by a package truck. I've been waiting for almost two months now. Wish me luck! It's my first double edge safety razor that uses different aggression plates. It's complete. I'm very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.