December 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice score man! Interested to see how you go... Merry Christmas! :love:
Cheers man. Same to you!
Ah, I love the look of this razor. Definitely on my wishlist. Enjoy 😉
I’d worked out I was super keen on a Masamune about September and managed to restrain myself until the Black Friday sales. Maggards 11% off was tempting but Tatara direct was 27% off. A no brainer. The extra plate was just an add on because some days I want a bit more efficiency.

Wait until November next year and you will save enough to buy more soaps.
giphy.gif

NO MORE SHAVING SOAPS!!!

I seem to recall you throwing an epic paddy because @rhodes96 and I called out to @Holiday about this brush. :rolleyes: And all the time you had sneakily pipped him at the bid. :sneaky: The cheek of some people...

Congratulations, BTW...

Well it was simply the principle of the thing! :ROFLMAO:

I just got lucky in the first person to respond not proceeding with the purchase and the wonderful @Sammy NOT being in the @Holiday groupies club and giving it to him anyway :eek:

Of course I *might* have just been having a little fun towards the end of that thread :angelic:

[Yes, BTW, some people around here are impossible - I suggest reporting to one of the sensible mods...]

and the wonderful @Sammy NOT being in the @Holiday groupies club and giving it to him anyway

Congrats @Mark1966 interested to hear how you find that ginormous knot
A new toy to play with right before Christmas!
and congrats to you @tim33z if you start a Tatara Masamune appreciation thread we will all have one before Xmas

Congrats @Mark1966 interested to hear how you find that ginormous knot...

You can see here - http://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/shave-of-the-day-thread-2020.6006/page-286#post-175699

... and congrats to you @tim33z if you start a Tatara Masamune appreciation thread we will all have one before Xmas

I confess that I did go to their website and check them out BUT ...

... the Black Friday sales. Maggards 11% off was tempting but Tatara direct was 27% off. A no brainer. ...

We all have to wait until next November. That also means that @SpeedyPC can get more soaps or something ...

FINALLY the first of my overseas pandemic purchases is here in hand. The pics don't do this brush justice. The way the light reflects off the handle. Going to love the ergonomics of this one.

SUPER dense 26mm Manchurian fan knot. Very happy with initial going over...has that high end feel to it. Can't wait to break in this lather monster.

FINALLY the first of my overseas pandemic purchases is here in hand. The pics don't do this brush justice. The way the light reflects off the handle. Going to love the ergonomics of this one.

SUPER dense 26mm Manchurian fan knot. Very happy with initial going over...has that high end feel to it. Can't wait to break in this lather monster.
Been eyeing these off for a year and glad to see a P&Cer has one. Look forward to your thoughts on the knot and design.

Been eyeing these off for a year and glad to see a P&Cer has one. Look forward to your thoughts on the knot and design.
DSnntWt.gif

Oooh. For goodness sake I’m bloody tired.

IsgZ575.jpg

Just grab the bloody Badger Power Tool Brush. It’s super fast, it’s quick and easy to use.

Last edited:

Curious to see how the knot goes as I have a sneaking suspicion its similar to a Maggard SHD badger and those are awesome!? Nice score @Chad :)

Curious to see how the knot goes as I have a sneaking suspicion its similar to a Maggard SHD badger and those are awesome!? Nice score @Chad :)

Yeah this is the SHD version too . It looks good and makes my silvertip Muhle look cheap.

If it goes well I'll be getting a chubby version with bulb knot from them too.

Last edited:
Let us know what the Reserve Spice is like. Been enjoying the smell of Old Spice aftershave lately and looking into splashing out on some new old stock on ebay.
I can vouch for B&M Reserve Spice. Don't get on with B&M soaps but love the smell of Reserve Spice so much that I had sellers remorse after selling a set and had to buy the aftershave again just to pair with NOS Old Spice soap

I can vouch for B&M Reserve Spice. Don't get on with B&M soaps but love the smell of Reserve Spice so much that I had sellers remorse after selling a set and had to buy the aftershave again just to pair with NOS Old Spice soap
Just grab this soap, trust me ;) you'll love it :love: it's very very close and very near to the original vintage Old Spice shaving soap.

stirling-spice-shaving-soap-740x-300x300.jpg

What part of the B&M soaps you don't get along with?

Status
Not open for further replies.