Defect on my Lupo 72 base plate

Bicep123

So, just noticed this on my recent mail call from Italian Barber. It's definitely a defect. I know it shouldn't affect the shave and you can't see the dent once the razor is assembled, but it sticks out like a sore thumb. I know IB hasn't got a stellar reputation when it comes to customer service or quality control, so you really do roll the dice when you have the need for either.

JNaRSq5.jpg

6UcCoIQ.jpg

IB's response:

Thanks for your question about imperfections on your stainless steel parts. All our stainless steel razor pieces are finished in a tumbler so they will all have small imperfections like the one in the photo. This is very normal as these are not intended to be jewel pieces. In order to remove all of the minor imperfections, we would need to add another process which involves hand polishing and this gets very expensive and could easily double the price of the parts. Please rest assured that this is not a defect and would not be sold as a defect piece.

Our philosophy is to keep prices as low as possible for our customers so we have decided not to get our parts to that level. We hope you can understand our decision and we appreciate your question.

--

Really did leave a sour note about the purchase. IB won't get my business again.

That little mark is not visible while the razor is assembled and in operation. If that was on the top cap, I would not have been happy.

Personally if your not happy with it, BST the plate and purchase a new one from Vshod.

All our stainless steel razor pieces are finished in a tumbler so they will all have small imperfections like the one in the photo.
That scratch is a bit deeper than surface scratches and tumbler imperfections. I would not be happy with their response either. If it was scratch and dent price then I would accept it.

Typical Joe behaviour from what I hear and no doubt why they are on the “do not buy” list. He has at least 3 options that would not break his balls (assuming he has any) or his bank.
1- accept it’s not good enough, post out a replacement.
2- accept it’s borderline S&D worthy and come to an agreement about how much he could refund you, and you keep it. Idk, half price?
3- contact his Australian retailer at vshod (Vshod really only ever get their stock from IB) and have him ship a new one in exchange for this damaged one.

Although you really should try making a razor for this cost before you judge…

Final sentence a joke from elsewhere lol

All I can say was the Reddit thread was very entertaining.:LOL:

Well done @Bicep123, respect for sticking to your guns against that troll. (y):coffee:

Your argument is sound, at the very least it should be scratch and dent replace or refund the difference.(y)

Well done @Bicep123, respect for sticking to your guns against that troll. (y):coffee:

I really thought it was Joe with an alt account. I don't know why he kept on harping about me throwing IB and RR under the bus. I had a defect on my product and I informed the sub what the response was. Half agreed it definitely was a defect and the other half said, no big deal. So 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

It really does shave well though. Better than the Lupo 95, imo. I won't be so quick to post that on the reddit sub though. I really don't like the taste of crow. ;).