Do you wear em?

I'm almost married so it's the closest I come to the real thing now.

Back to hats though.....

There are some serious issues to be dealt with here so stop trying to divert attention through bringing this thread back on track.

For instance:

How is your intended going to deal with having a cat wrapped around her intended?
Have you got a catty litter tray next to the bedpan under your bed?
When you have a shave in morning are the stray cat hairs giving you the impression that your brush is losing hair?
What does a cat's arse smell like?

There are some serious issues to be dealt with here so stop trying to divert attention through bringing this thread back on track.

For instance:

How is your intended going to deal with having a cat wrapped around her intended? we share the cat at night as a heating resource
Have you got a catty litter tray next to the bedpan under your bed? No
When you have a shave in morning are the stray cat hairs giving you the impression that your brush is losing hair? No. It's a Semogue 830, it doesn't lose hair.
What does a cat's arse smell like? I wear too much scent for anything else to penetrate close enough to my nose.

Points addressed.

Points addressed.

This whole subject is sending my imagination into overdrive - Some people indulge in a menage a trois what do you call this a menage a fur? I do hope the cat has its own scratching post and doesn't use the nearest convenient object! and of course far to many pussy jokes to even begin. As for myself never worn a hat or even a cat.

Glen (I will stop now)

In reference to hats - I can't. I haven't found a single style or situation where wearing a hat looks 'right' on me. Some hats I really like, my fiancé really likes, but as soon as I try it on, everyone around us just stops what they're doing and stares in my direction until I take it off, put it back and shamefully apologise.

In reference to cats - This is something I have not tried, but may have to if the style suits me. I can finally look good with head-wear and possibly even start a new trend.

Thread resurrection time ...

So, do you?

Would you?

Your thoughts on these (Akubra Stylemaster, Carbon Grey) -

Akubra-Stylemaster-Carbon-Grey1-Large.jpg

That's so stereotypical. We're far too busy filling up the Ute with XXXX and Fosters...

You ACTUALLY drink Fosters? Struth! Barry Bloody Crocker rides again! Bloody Hell... even bloody Victorians wouldn't drink that bloody stuff! I had a mate that drank Fosters and played Joan Baez records all weekend! Haven't seen him in years... I think he ended up dying of shame!

OK, well that is pretty clear then ....
Hehe the internet has no uncertain feelings towards fedoras.
I think the issue is that, from what I have seen, they are generally worn out of context, in that they arnt going to work with a T-shirt and dirty jeans.

Last edited:
That Donegal Touring Cap is on my hitlist, a capital piece I just must have for the next Sydney meetup. Love the tweed.

Hehe the internet has no uncertain feelings towards fedoras.
I think the issue is that, from what I have seen, they are generally worn out of context, in that they arnt going to work with a T-shirt and dirty jeans.

OK, so here is more of the context.

The Stylemaster with a medium brim gives a little sun protection and shower protection, important as I'm finding that I'm wearing my glasses more and more and don't like that they get rain on them. In Canberra in winter it is also cool sometimes so a hat also kinda works to keep your head warm! In summer would it be too hot though? Hat hair? Sweaty hat hair?

Would I wear it with my suits to work/ meetings? Would I wear it out socially? I'm wearing a casual jacket more and more would it 'work' in that context?

On the other hand I know a bloke who turned 50 and got his blonde tips/highlights in his hair. I don't want to be THAT bloke ...

Sadly I have an enormous scone and need especially large hats. It's too hard to source.

I'm a freak really.

Hanna runs to 65cm which is fairly 'accommodating' it could be said.

Noel Pearson rocks one. Looks good in it IMO. I used to spend a bit of time on the Fedora Lounge. They are pretty keen on their Akubras over there, for very good reason. They are one of the few remaining items of clothing still made in Australia, even if they are now getting rabbit fur from elsewhere.

Personally, I find the aversion of many modern Australian's to wearing Akubras to be a massive example of cultural cringe. These are literally some of the best hats in the world for their intended purpose (keeping the sun and the rain off while staying cool in summer and warm in winter) and we should be celebrating them rather than just selling them to tourists. I have one (a wider brim than a fedora / stylemaster for better sun protection) - I love it and wear it often, particularly in summer. Baseball hats and cheap rip offs just don't cut it by comparison. I can wear it on the farm, to a funeral or a wedding - anywhere I have to stand in the sun. The number of people who let themselves get burnt in the sun at outdoor events amazes me.

This is Australian cultural heritage at its very best - we should all be wearing Akubras!