DOTD! What are y'all drinking on today.

Looks like you've got my Stuart crystal tumblers that I inherited from my father-in-law 25 years ago :)

these were from my father in law. So very probably!

pTQV5Nh.jpg

I've been drinking Single Malt Scotch since I started getting serious about trying out Whisky. Figured I'd better see what Irish Whiskey was like too. The adventure continues... 😀🙃🤪

Last edited:
Photo - need to upload.

Love the Code38 corkscrew / wine key.
Drinking VCC 2014. not the best vintage. But still delicious. Concentrated fruit, structure and fantastic length.

I've been drinking Single Malt Scotch since I started getting serious about trying out Whisky. Figured I'd better see what Irish Whiskey was like too. The adventure continues... 😀🙃🤪
I want to try more Irish whiskies but I've been disappointed with all I've tried. Obviously the supermarket representations won't be the best on the market, but I've also tried redbreast, green spot, and a couple of others and just can't get on with them.
I just moved a redbreast lustau to the back of the whisky cupboard as I just don't get on with it.

I've only had a glass so far so wanting to keep open mind. Naturally I'm a bit predisposed to what I'm familiar with which is Scotch. I believe Wrters Tears is supposed to be a respectable drop though.

Egbert can you say how exactly does it not agree with you with Redbreast ? Is it the taste?

I want to try more Irish whiskies but I've been disappointed with all I've tried. Obviously the supermarket representations won't be the best on the market, but I've also tried redbreast, green spot, and a couple of others and just can't get on with them.
I just moved a redbreast lustau to the back of the whisky cupboard as I just don't get on with it.

Where are you based? I recommend looking for tasting in your area or if in lock down some of the virtual tastings going on. That way you can get a fair sampling of samples without committing to a whole bottle. smwhisky, has a good selection of samples.

Crazy AND hot ex wife and couple hundred million dollars, Dark Rum doesn't seem so bad after all :)

Captain Morgans Dark Rum here I come.

FTFY

Where are you based? I recommend looking for tasting in your area or if in lock down some of the virtual tastings going on. That way you can get a fair sampling of samples without committing to a whole bottle. smwhisky, has a good selection of samples.
Thanks for the ideas. I'm in Inner West Sydney so no doubt some options if I look. SMWHISKEY really looks fantastic. No idea it existed!

I'm usually a whisky drinker but am curious about dark rum and have therefore recently purchased a bottle of Ron Zacapa XO which I am thoroughly enjoying.
Nice rum is on my list...will keep this one in mind when I get around to rum.

Thanks for the ideas. I'm in Inner West Sydney so no doubt some options if I look. SMWHISKEY really looks fantastic. No idea it existed!
Look on EventBrite. Websters in Newtown has a Jameson tasting coming up. The Oak Barrel usually does tastings in town of Irish whiskey. Scott there is a fan.