DOTD! What are y'all drinking on today.

Not drinking yet, but saw a Woodford Reserve Rye locally at lunch time, and as I've not really had the chance to investigate ryes other than drinking Bulleitt (a high rye bourbon), I bought one to see what I think.
Also got a replacement Teachers Highland Cream as a daily drammer.

I'm gonna be drinking whatever the fuck i can get my hands on, in moderation of course and consistent with the responsible service requirements ....

FTFY

One of them weeks....

Sorry to hear that mate - but it is almost over :)

I'm gonna be drinking whatever the fuck i can get my hands on....
One of them weeks....
FTFY @tim33z
giphy.gif

Not drinking yet, but saw a Woodford Reserve Rye locally at lunch time, and as I've not really had the chance to investigate ryes other than drinking Bulleitt (a high rye bourbon), I bought one to see what I think.
Also got a replacement Teachers Highland Cream as a daily drammer.
It wasn't bad, but I'm starting to feel that
1. Irish whiskies are a bit one dimensional.
2. The grain part of most blends is way too high.
3. Bourbons and ryes are a bit 2 dimensional
4. Speysiders are a bit 3 dimensional
5. Islay's are where it's at.

If 1,2,3 were commensurately cheaper I could accept it, but 4 & (mostly) 5 are where my taste buds lie.

Started with wild turkey now some hellyers whiskey from good old tassie! Woop woop!!

Forget to mention I’m watching the bachelorette with the wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seeing what you were watching, I hope it was at least cask strength?

Two fails for me today.
Slane Irish whiskey, and Loch Lomond 12.
Now I've fit to try and work out how to use to the rest of the bottles.

The Allardice - I'm hoping for the Revival to come back in stock.

Edit - It's back and $$$.
The reviews I've read / seen say that it doesn't taste the same as the older version (with a different blender). I never got to try it, so that wouldn't particularly bother me - I just wanted to get an Allardice which was in fact closer to 23 years old than the stated 18!

The reviews I've read / seen say that it doesn't taste the same as the older version (with a different blender). I never got to try it, so that wouldn't particularly bother me - I just wanted to get an Allardice which was in fact closer to 23 years old than the stated 18!

Becoming quite the connoisseur mate!