DOTD! What are y'all drinking on today.

Had to lower my standards a tad now I've sold my still.
Been drinking Myers's Dark Rum.
It's not a bad drop! I could get used to this.
To me, it's better than the usual Appleton's Estate , etc....and waaaayyyy better than Bundaberg.
I do have an Angostura, and 2 litres of my own brew yet so I'm OK for daily Rum tipple at the moment.

Reactions: Don
Not only the Wolfman, but a Karve SS too (with #C and #D plates).
So the still money was put to good use.
giphy.gif

SB (had ordered OC, but changed my mind).
I think the SB will be smoother.
How do you find yours? What plates?
To be very honest, I’ve tried from B to F on the brass, still haven’t touched AA & A base plate and they’re all SB.

I’m very happy with the D as my daily driver, because, it’s very smooth and irritation free as YMMV depending on your stubble, your skin and the DE blade of your choice.

I still enjoy using the B and C base plate from time to time, I’ll get to the AA and A base plate soon when I’m ready.

The E is very good not for daily shave, F is too edgy, feels much more blade feel than the R41.

Last edited:
Black Douglas. Not bad at the price actually

I want to hear your thoughts on the spring bank. Been on my list for a while but never pulled the trigger.

I want to hear your thoughts on the spring bank. Been on my list for a while but never pulled the trigger.
It's supposedly a polarising whisky, and, other than loch Lomond, I seem to like challenging whiskies, so am looking forward to giving it a try

So I am drinking a red wine from Spain. Borsao 2018 garnacha. It is at 10 $ in Dan Murphy. After some checks I found it considered as good back in Spain with a great relationship between price and quality, so I bought it. Surprisingly, the price down here is roughly the same as in Spain, so it is a really best value product. I never thought I could get a decent wine in Aussie at that cost (it is not much more expensive than goon). Even if Garnacha is not my top red grape variety (I rather prefer Mencia among any other), I reckon many people tasting it without knowing the cost would be surprised that it is only 10 bucks....

I'm waiting on a job offer before I can decide which drop I am going to be hitting later on.

Have never tried MM of any kind. They are one of the companies that dilute their standard whiskey to 40% for the Aussie market, and it pisses me off.

I agree with you about the companies that dilute to 40% for the Australian market (even worse is Jim Beam White which is at 37% for Australia).

If only the government would change the way they tax bourbon.

It is frustrating that in New Zealand you can get way more bourbon and at a higher proof.

I agree with you about the companies that dilute to 40% for the Australian market (even worse is Jim Beam White which is at 37% for Australia).

If only the government would change the way they tax bourbon.

It is frustrating that in New Zealand you can get way more bourbon and at a higher proof.
Bourbon doesn't bother me so much as I don't really get it. I prefer the much larger variation you can find in Scotch. Not that I don't have 3-4 open bottles of bourbon at the moment.

The biggest variety in bourbon in Australia seems to be at the bottom end of the range - the cheap Jim Beams, the Wild Turkey, Cougar, all that horrible working class tripe.