DR Harris @ Mensbiz

Drubbing

110% Smiley-Free
Just received my last order from MB - some Lucky Tigr and blades.

Nathan threw in a puck of DR Harris Arlington. What a nice lad. I phoned Nathan to thnak him and he's got a lot of the Harris range in.

Tallow? Tick.

Citrusy? Tick.

I tried Marlboro a long way back and remember it being great soap, but a foul, foul stench of a bagful of ashtrays. One of his staff said the same thing about the Marlbro - so aptly named.

Arlington is very pleasant.

Nice. I like the Victorian look of the DR Harris range. I have a tube of Arlington cream en route from the UK. I like to support MensBiz where possible, but I paid significantly less than the $23 he is asking.

Last edited:
I bought some Arlington on my last purchase also; great stuff.

I have some of the Marlborough and can't seem to find the tobacco scent y'all are talking about.

I'm due for more blades soon so I might grab some from MensBiz and get some more Harris product.

Arlington

Yeah Moab, I see what you mean. Depends how cheap you can get DR. I did some price checks at connaught and shave.ie and Nathan's done a good job, I think. With MBs discount AS prices are comparable to the OS sellers, and that goes for the soaps too. Both will have postage costs, and with the OS guys, it jumps up when you add extra stuff. With Mensbiz, it comes off.

Anyway, on to Arlington soap. Just first impressions, as I tend to look a knob when I make my mind up on something early. My jury's out on the scent. It's nice, but I'm torn between the B&B protestations of its delicate balance of citrus and fern, and Lemon Jif.

It's still pleasant I wouldn't mind shaving with it at all. I've given it a one pass and my lather faltered after that. I'm not blaming the soap, I think it's pretty hard and it's simply tough to work off enough. I've taken the Big Frickin Boar to it, the Berk and the 830.

Only the BFB has made an impression so far. I think it just meeds some moisture in the puck to get it going; Tabac can be bit like that if you don't use it for a good while. I also notice when I get to the bottom 1/3rd of soap, hard soaps really soften up. My Tabac went almost like Cella when I got low on my first puck (YES, I have already done a whole puck of Tabac) where you could easily poke you finger through the bottom. Also lead to some great lathers, simply because more soap was getting on the brush.

Being a tallow, I'm prepared to keep going with Arlington. But I need to knock off this TOBS Avo first, and the last scraps of Cade... my other faves will keep for a while.

.......It's nice, but I'm torn between the B&B protestations of its delicate balance of citrus and fern, and Lemon Jif.....

.......I also notice when I get to the bottom 1/3rd of soap, hard soaps really soften up........

That's pretty kind actually. There's invariably a reference to pissing trough pucks when demeaning a lemon scent.

Same here, my Speick stick has gone decidedly limp and refuses to stay wedged in it's puck holder. Time for a new one shortly.

Yea, I mill my speick and it goes quite doughy after a short while. I don't mind, it just makes loading easier.