Dscosmetic D8 vs GC 0.68SB

lastkey

Is there someone who has used both of these heads? I got GC 0.84, it is efficient but it gives me irritation and nicks if I am not careful. I read in some forums that GC 0.68 is not efficient as 0.84 so thinking to give D8 a try. I saw in a post that D8 is a bit milder but more efficient than 0.68GC.

Is there someone who has used both of these heads? I got GC 0.84, it is efficient but it gives me irritation and nicks if I am not careful. I read in some forums that GC 0.68 is not efficient as 0.84 so thinking to give D8 a try. I saw in a post that D8 is a bit milder but more efficient than 0.68GC.
Just get the Blackland Blackbird Standard razor and the Lite based plate together, I wouldn’t be bloody bothered with the D8 Chinese crap

Just get the Blackland Blackbird Standard razor and the Lite based plate together, I wouldn’t be bloody bothered with the D8 Chinese crap

The price difference is not small. I don’t mind spending but the issue is if I don’t like it I’m stuck with an expensive razor.

Have you considered a vintage option? The flat bottom tech might get you the shave you are looking for. Although it is not SS.

If the 64 is too mild, grab the OC or JAWS plate in the same gap. The .84 is a great shaver with the right blade. The Euromax or Supermax Blue Diamond are excellent in it.

No comment on the D8, but being a GC64 clone, I imagine they are very similar. One thing I have noticed is the fit on the Razorock is that bit better than the DS cosmetics, which seem to have a little play in them, but they have a mirror finish compared to the superfine tumbled look of the RR

Have you considered a vintage option? The flat bottom tech might get you the shave you are looking for. Although it is not SS.
I’ve used a few vintage razors including different Techs. I’ve sold all my vintage ones when downsizing. For now I’m happy with 6S. I have a spare Stainless steel handle so got GC.84 head to pair up. The head is going back as Vshod allows 30 day satisfaction warranty.

If the 64 is too mild, grab the OC or JAWS plate in the same gap. The .84 is a great shaver with the right blade. The Euromax or Supermax Blue Diamond are excellent in it.

No comment on the D8, but being a GC64 clone, I imagine they are very similar. One thing I have noticed is the fit on the Razorock is that bit better than the DS cosmetics, which seem to have a little play in them, but they have a mirror finish compared to the superfine tumbled look of the RR
Yes these minor QC related comments convinced me to get GC head. Although I’ve seen some of your reviews about DSCosmetics so evaluting to give their head a try

I own the D8 and the S9. I don't own the GC .84 or .68, and unlikely given my falling out with Italian Barber . They shave well, can't do a direct comparison with the GC, but the fit and machining (barring the dent on the main plate of my Lupo .72) is generally better on the Razorock than DSC, but the finishing is better on the DSC than RR. I'm also not a fan of the scalloped head which DSC tends to put on all their razors. So, you have to decide between whether you like your razors to look pretty, or shave well. (If you want it to look pretty AND shave well, there's the upper tier eg. Timeless, Wolfman, et al.).

I use a Karve B plate as my daily driver. Lupo 72 comes out on occasion if I want to change it up. But the rest of my razors are in a mug in the back corner of my den, including the DSC D8 and S9.

I own the D8 and the S9. I don't own the GC .84 or .68, and unlikely given my falling out with Italian Barber . They shave well, can't do a direct comparison with the GC, but the fit and machining (barring the dent on the main plate of my Lupo .72) is generally better on the Razorock than DSC, but the finishing is better on the DSC than RR. I'm also not a fan of the scalloped head which DSC tends to put on all their razors. So, you have to decide between whether you like your razors to look pretty, or shave well. (If you want it to look pretty AND shave well, there's the upper tier eg. Timeless, Wolfman, et al.).

I use a Karve B plate as my daily driver. Lupo 72 comes out on occasion if I want to change it up. But the rest of my razors are in a mug in the back corner of my den, including the DSC D8 and S9.

Scalloped head, does it cause any issue in the shaving or doesn't make any difference?

Scalloped head, does it cause any issue in the shaving or doesn't make any difference?
It's supposed to help the lather flow over the cap. But all it seems to do is leave these weird lather lines in its wake. I don't think it improves the shave, tbh, but also doesn't make it worse. But I'd choose a smooth cap over scalloped.