EDC Torch Thread

I definitely don't need at torch, (or do I :unsure:) thanks to P&C enabling now looking at H2R Nova.
A few reviews suggest the Perin may be too smart for it's own good with proximity sensor and the H2R Nova was a simpler and better model
Haven't had any issues with it myself, the ramped down mode when the prox sensor is triggered is more than adequate for close quarters illumination.

As for the H2R Nova, it was discontinued over 18 months ago, you won't find any in-stock except perhaps on ebay.

These are supposedly alright

Wowtac A2s 1050 lumens, ThruNite TH30 3350 lumens, Lumintop HL3A L-Shaped 2800 lumens and ThruNite TH10 V2 2100 lumens

Haven't had any issues with it myself, the ramped down mode when the prox sensor is triggered is more than adequate for close quarters illumination.

As for the H2R Nova, it was discontinued over 18 months ago, you won't find any in-stock except perhaps on ebay.

These are supposedly alright

Wowtac A2s 1050 lumens, ThruNite TH30 3350 lumens, Lumintop HL3A L-Shaped 2800 lumens and ThruNite TH10 V2 2100 lumens
Thanks Wilky, a few more affordable options there. I'll have to do my homework and compare specs. Value for money which is your recommendation?
Re: H2R Nova there are a few supposedly brand new on the Bay
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Olight+H2R+2300&_sacat=0&_sop=15

Thanks Wilky, a few more affordable options there. I'll have to do my homework and compare specs. Value for money which is your recommendation?
Re: H2R Nova there are a few supposedly brand new on the Bay
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Olight+H2R+2300&_sacat=0&_sop=15
Olight Aus has few authorized distributors, I'd be hesitant to buy from anyone else, but some of those are probably legit.

It was discontinued as at high or turbo, it would get that hot at close range and could burn, melt or set things on fire.

Hey Wilky how did you find it? I think the throw is listed at 250m.
I liked it, the grips were excellent, the turbo runtime was good before it stepped down and even in high it was more than adequate. The max throw is listed for Turbo Mode only, so don't expect that in every mode.
Now this a light and a half https://www.olightstore.com.au/olight-warrior-x-turbo-black-including-a-free-i3t-ti

Warrior X Turbo Black
Max 1,100 lumens and 1,000 metres throw

I've got the gunmetal grey version of it and I really don't have a use for it. Honestly a good spotlight best suited for short burst use as a spot on a rifle in my opinion, but my preference is the Warrior X Pro as a good balance of throw and a little flood.

Great for spotting lost people or torching a car from a distance! :ROFLMAO:
That price is a little inhibitive though...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see clearly that torch enabling is going on

As it should be BUT ...

I joined a couple of FB torch groups. You think we are nuts here -

whole.

'nother.

level.

As it should be BUT ...

I joined a couple of FB torch groups. You think we are nuts here -

whole.

'nother.

level.
A whole new wormhole indeed.

Oh man we don't even compare. Some dudes have 20+ $500 torches, it's unbelievable

Yeah, right, like nobody would ever THINK about investing 20 x $500 in shaving gear, that is $10k right, absolutely nu ...

... hmmm, yeah.

Pot.

Kettle.

Black.

Yeah, right, like nobody would ever THINK about investing 20 x $500 in shaving gear, that is $10k right, absolutely nu ...

... hmmm, yeah.

Pot.

Kettle.

Black.
Which is fine, but those 20x torches are just the tip of the iceberg of their collections and then some. Torch/flashlight modding is a massive thing, then throw in the various "exotic" metals, tritium inserts, batteries, chargers, optics, filters, mounts, accessories.

Granted, there are examples of this in wet shaving and all hobbies to be fair, but I've seen more $50k plus torch collections than shaving collections :ROFLMAO:

Update: I've just done a rough estimate on my collection of shaving gear and hit $2600 and haven't even got halfway through a year's worth of accumulations... so you might be onto something @Mark1966
Once again, we're doing this to save money, right?