Edwin Jagger 3one6 Appreciation Thread.

stillshunter

a man of resolve, a man of conviction
State Convenor - ACT
Group Buy Associate
2015 Sabbatical Fail
I’ve not bought a new razor for years, but the 3one6 looked good on paper as my go-to head shaver. So far I have been very impressed.

The 3one6 isn’t anything astounding to behold - though the finish is well above excellent to my mind. The workmanship is of Feather ASD2 standard, which I thought impeccable. I think what it suffers is the cut-above of the artisanal razor makers ATM. It doesn't look artisanal! It’s not funkyl It’s simply a clean timeless design.

So what’s in like as a shaver? Well used on my head for a few shaves now and it was exactly as I had hoped. A very nice balanced razor (not too top or handle heavy...this is important with some of the blind strokes of head shaving). I was at first concerned about how thin and light the handle is, but it works well with the overall intended efficiency/design. It matches the razor’s balance better than a bulldog (tried my SS iKon handle and....meh). But most of all I like the balance between comfort and efficiency. it’s certainly not mild! It’s certainly efficient, but not overly or rudely (e.g., R41) aggressive. However I’d place it closer along the aggressive scale than I would mild. So should I say “medium-aggressive”? This is all said with Feathers loaded, but they seem the right match. So 2-3 passes is all I needed to dismiss all traces of stubble from my head. No clogging and no annoying repetition in stubborn places.

So and-in-all very, very, very happy. I just caution that it’s not a modern sexy artisanal razor. But an honest razor that provides a reliable shave.

I’ve not bought a new razor for years, but the 3one6 looked good on paper as my go-to head shaver. So far I have been very impressed.

The 3one6 isn’t anything astounding to behold - though the finish is well above excellent to my mind. The workmanship is of Feather ASD2 standard, which I thought impeccable. I think what it suffers is the cut-above of the artisanal razor makers ATM. It doesn't look artisanal! It’s not funkyl It’s simply a clean timeless design.

So what’s in like as a shaver? Well used on my head for a few shaves now and it was exactly as I had hoped. A very nice balanced razor (not too top or handle heavy...this is important with some of the blind strokes of head shaving). I was at first concerned about how thin and light the handle is, but it works well with the overall intended efficiency/design. It matches the razor’s balance better than a bulldog (tried my SS iKon handle and....meh). But most of all I like the balance between comfort and efficiency. it’s certainly not mild! It’s certainly efficient, but not overly or rudely (e.g., R41) aggressive. However I’d place it closer along the aggressive scale than I would mild. So should I say “medium-aggressive”? This is all said with Feathers loaded, but they seem the right match. So 2-3 passes is all I needed to dismiss all traces of stubble from my head. No clogging and no annoying repetition in stubborn places.

So and-in-all very, very, very happy. I just caution that it’s not a modern sexy artisanal razor. But an honest razor that provides a reliable shave.
Great review, Stillsy!

I like the 3one6. Razor choice tunes it from mid to efficient (aggressive)

My standout razor blade by far, Gillette Nacet.
Yet to try mate. Why the Nacet in particular....smoothness, sharpness?
Anything else you’d recommend trying? I value efficiency with my head shaves as too many passes leads to irritation...and there can already be bumps that get bled first time through, I’ve only tried the Feather so far. I have “a few” here I can try.

Yet to try mate. Why the Nacet in particular....smoothness, sharpness?
Anything else you’d recommend trying? I value efficiency with my head shaves as too many passes leads to irritation...and there can already be bumps that get bled first time through, I’ve only tried the Feather so far. I have “a few” here I can try.

Yes, as sharp and smooth. I have trialed over 3 dozen different brands of razor and most of them have a good shave on the first use. Some blades just work better than others for me. Those that I can BBS in two pass with touchups, instead of 3, and give a consistant blood free shave, are blades that I end up using for that particular razor. For my use with the 3one6, that blade is Gillette Nacet. YMMV

Other blades I liked that were not as efficient although gave a good 3 pass and touchups shave blood free.
Derby Platinum
Polsilver

Yes, as sharp and smooth. I have trialed over 3 dozen different brands of razor and most of them have a good shave on the first use. Some blades just work better than others for me. Those that I can BBS in two pass with touchups, instead of 3, and give a consistant blood free shave, are blades that I end up using for that particular razor. For my use with the 3one6, that blade is Gillette Nacet. YMMV

Other blades I liked that were not as efficient although gave a good 3 pass and touchups shave blood free.
Derby Platinum
Polsilver

just gave it a go mate...posted over at the SOTD.

smooooth? DEFINITELY. Not sure it was as efficient as a Feather.
where do you buy these (I only had the one)?

49mciXl.jpg

The seller for the all of these is useless, but the price is not bad!
Zero communication, no tracking. Half the feedback on their Google listing and eBay account says they don't ship the items half the time or they don't communicate :shifty:
SH*T! ... This isn't good and I apologise for not checking the review eBay feedback carefully.

Last edited:
Zero communication, no tracking. Half the feedback on their Google listing and eBay account says they don't ship the items half the time or they don't communicate :shifty:
Useless is being kind. Wrong item received, no reply to emails or DM's. Took 3 days to post order. Do yourself a favour and shop elsewhere.

Useless is being kind. Wrong item received, no reply to emails or DM's. Took 3 days to post order. Do yourself a favour and shop elsewhere.
Dodged a bullet there! 😅
P&C still delivering the goods.

While we got you @Nightguard I notice the 3one6 making more regular appearances in your recent SOTDs, care to share your blades of choice?

Dodged a bullet there! 😅
P&C still delivering the goods.

While we got you @Nightguard I notice the 3one6 making more regular appearances in your recent SOTDs, care to share your blades of choice?
Sure, Feathers, Personna Blues and English Wilkys are all outstanding in the 3one6. I've got a few more I'd like to try over the next few weeks, Polsilver Browns, French Nacets and Treet Carbons are all on the list. Blades to avoid for me are the Personna Reds and Spoilers.

Sure, Feathers, Personna Blues and English Wilkys are all outstanding in the 3one6. I've got a few more I'd like to try over the next few weeks, Polsilver Browns, French Nacets and Treet Carbons are all on the list. Blades to avoid for me are the Personna Reds and Spoilers.
Mate I’ll join you in the testing - as I’ve only tried the Feather and the French Nacets. Curious about the Polsilver Browns, Permasharp Blacks, and Med Preps for head shaving. Dang and I was keen to try some vintage SPP or Spoilers but it doesn’t sound positive. 🤔

I've bought from them before only for things to never ship, no communication and them just refund funds.