Edwin Jagger Super Badger (small sized)

boogeyman

I was in two minds about trying a smaller brush. I've had my eye on a larger silvertip brush but this EJ really has surprised me. From what I remember reading on that other forum there wasn't the usual pages and pages of love for this brush so I wasn't expecting anything spectacular. Overall it's a nice compact brush that you can barely feel on your face as you lather - that's enough to get the thumbs up from me.

Positives:
- very soft (but not a complete flop), no scratchy feeling
- small backbone
- great water retention
- makes a truckload of lather with very little effort

I wouldn't recommend it for people that love that scratchy feeling or larger brushes, but if you are looking for a brush that feels light as a feather then you will enjoy an EJ super badger. Most importantly, it works for me! :)

Has anyone else given one of these babies a test drive?

Link to the product: Amazon.com: Edwin Jagger 9ej257sds Handmade Imitation Ivory Shaving Brush with Drip Stand, Ivory, Small: Health & Personal Care

How big is small? Personally love small brushes. Particularly in badger as anything taller than 50mm very quickly turns in to a pillow. But some people love that. Don't think I've got a badger brush with a knot bigger than 18mm or a loft over 45mm. Got a boar that's a bit bigger maybe 22/50 but that's about it.

Nice looking brush. Particularly (sorry, can't help myself) if you look at it the right way up:

EJ.jpg

19mm knot. Still loving it 3 shaves in :D

Bigger is definitely not better in this case. I started on one of my fathers boar brushes but was never fond of the scratchy feeling they give.