Enjoy your aftershaves while you can still afford to ...

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
It seems that Royal Mail have followed the lead of the USPS and will not ship any alcohol internationally from 14 January, see here :evil:

So Connaught has stopped doing so, maybe it is time to order from Shaving.ie before Ireland go the same way!

Yeah, cos there's at least one 747 a week that goes down over the sea, because of carry aftershave on board.

Bugger. That leaves me with Proraso and Speick.

I'll live.

There has it be some Economic rReason for these decisions . What's the difference between shipping Aftershave between New York and California; and shipping it from New York to the UK??
Missing something here!!

More likely to do with the demise of surface mail (which recently has mostly been by air in reality... Just held until there's a cargo crate full) and idiotic airfreight restrictions (to stop terrorism dontchaknow)

There has it be some Economic rReason for these decisions . What's the difference between shipping Aftershave between New York and California; and shipping it from New York to the UK??
Missing something here!!

shipping via air vs via surface

More likely to do with the demise of surface mail (which recently has mostly been by air in reality... Just held until there's a cargo crate full) and idiotic airfreight restrictions (to stop terrorism dontchaknow)

Yes, but on my reading of the regulations as a passenger I can take about four litres on board plus duty free booze ....

Sure, but you had to buy the ticket, prove your identity, turn uip at the airport, appear on CCTV, be x-rayed and frisked for that rather than buy a book of stamps for cash and drop it in the mailbox with potentially untruthful declaration on the CN22...

In most cases though the rules are more about your bottle of liquids smashing and damaging a whole sack of mail....

It is all a load of donkey balls though :)

...rather than buy a book of stamps for cash and drop it in the mailbox with potentially untruthful declaration on the CN22...

You can do that? Posting internationally from Australia to most desinations requires in person lodgement and the checking of photo ID at the post office.

In most cases though the rules are more about your bottle of liquids smashing and damaging a whole sack of mail....

As opposed to posting other liquids?

It is a little OTT

Mensbiz $22. Get a few more supplies too, and postage is free. Cheaper than getting it OS. Proraso I can get locally. But MB price is fine too.

Yep looks likes MB will be getting a bit more business and most of their pricing on this stuff is OK for the mainstream gear. It is some of the more exotic stuff that is expensive or not available.

Here in the US they used Listerine during Prohibition in the 20's and 30's!!
Guess there's alway a substitute!

Mensbiz $22. Get a few more supplies too, and postage is free. Cheaper than getting it OS. Proraso I can get locally. But MB price is fine too.

Free postage is $20 it seems, so it sneaks in anyway. That's pretty decently priced, I'm glad they'll get a few more punters. They seem to run a good ship.

Free postage is $20 it seems, so it sneaks in anyway. That's pretty decently priced, I'm glad they'll get a few more punters. They seem to run a good ship.

It's got even beter recently. the free ship used to be at $100. Postage usually took up to a week to get over here, now it's next day anywhre.

Just read this on another site. You might be interested:

The English Shaving Company Latest News

From Friday 18th January 2013 until Midnight on Monday 4th February 2013 FREE SHIPPING is available for all customers on all standard delivery parcels for orders over £15 value.
This applies to all UK and overseas parcels.

If, however, you elect for UK Special Delivery or International Signed delivery the additional charge for that service will be applied.

Parcels weighing over 2Kgs are exempt from this offer and we reserve the right refund your order if the weight of goods ordered is excessive.

This offer overrides all other shipping statements on the site. You only need to spend minimum £15 to qualify!

Just read this on another site. You might be interested:

The English Shaving Company Latest News

From Friday 18th January 2013 until Midnight on Monday 4th February 2013 FREE SHIPPING is available for all customers on all standard delivery parcels for orders over £15 value.
This applies to all UK and overseas parcels.

If, however, you elect for UK Special Delivery or International Signed delivery the additional charge for that service will be applied.

Parcels weighing over 2Kgs are exempt from this offer and we reserve the right refund your order if the weight of goods ordered is excessive.

This offer overrides all other shipping statements on the site. You only need to spend minimum £15 to qualify!

Thanks mate, I got the email from them earlier today - interesting!

I'm getting 2 x 3.5oz bottles of Aqua Velva Musk delivered for $15 off ebay.

Thankfully Old Spice is available in Australia now too

[video=youtube;0tgiVLva38M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tgiVLva38M[/video]

Chemist whorehouse has been selling OS original for years. it's very 70s.

They've sexed it up with some new scents for Gen Y. And the ads. I almost fancy him myself.