Eucalyptus addition

Sxot

Artisan Producer
Anyone added Eucalyptus to an aftershave before? I've got a bottle of Dickenson's WH here that I am not very excited about. I though with the addition of Eucalyptus (which I already have) or maybe some menthol I could give it a boost.

I think we have some other essential oils too, Lavender I think.

Anyone added Eucalyptus to an aftershave before? I've got a bottle of Dickenson's WH here that I am not very excited about. I though with the addition of Eucalyptus (which I already have) or maybe some menthol I could give it a boost.

I haven't. I'd be very careful with how much EO I add. Eucalytpus especially.
But I'm curious how it goes for you...

Anyone added Eucalyptus to an aftershave before? I've got a bottle of Dickenson's WH here that I am not very excited about.

I've done a DIY version with Dickenson's WH and about 20% aloe Vera with a couple of drops of lavender oil. You'll need to tweak the oil - 2 drops in ~100ml is a bit soft. Sneak up on the eucalyptus. The oil itself can be irritating.

Get some plastic travel bottles ($3 at the reject shop) and experiment on smaller quantities :)

I've done a DIY version with Dickenson's WH and about 20% aloe Vera with a couple of drops of lavender oil. You'll need to tweak the oil - 2 drops in ~100ml is a bit soft. Sneak up on the eucalyptus. The oil itself can be irritating.

Get some plastic travel bottles ($3 at the reject shop) and experiment on smaller quantities :)

Good idea to test outside the main bottle. Can't take it back out once it's in!

Well I gave this a crack. I put about 20-30ml of Dickensons WH in a small container then (in the end) added two drops of Eucalyptus oil and one of Jasmine. The result was okay to good. Very subtle but do give the WH a better scent. Interestingly the oils don't mix in so I have to shake vigorously each time. Manufacturers obviously use a surfactant to get it to mix in. Will I do this again? Probably not. I'd rather buy a product that works right out of the bottle.

Last edited by a moderator: