european vs chinese badger

I believe every knot is glued together at the bottom...tieing alone would not hold it together...

I think what @todras was remarking is that a few manufacturers get the fur and make their own knots on their workshops (that ended up glued as the others) while others buy knots already made in china so they only make handles and tie the knots. China is how it is, and you can buy cheap knots or expensive knots, with a full range of qualities in between, as I can imagine (like most chinese made products). For example, some chineses knots, cheapo ones, will have too much glue that you would feel it. I have never use paladin, but I can imagine that this issue won't happen on his brushes...

I am currently doing some research on different types of badger "branding". The difference between two-band and silvertip is clear, but what about manchurian, high mountain etc?

For example, there are hips of silvertip brushes, but from a post of Mark Watterson's father (CEO of Vulfix/Simpson) that a friend paste me, he stated some years ago in an old forum that:

""
Silvertip hair is extremely difficult to come by. It is only available in very small quantities and it would be near on impossible to mass produce Shaving Brushes filled in genuine Silvertip as some claim.​
""

cheers

For example, there are hips of silvertip brushes, but from a post of Mark Watterson's father (CEO of Vulfix/Simpson) that a friend paste me, he stated some years ago in an old forum that:

""
Silvertip hair is extremely difficult to come by. It is only available in very small quantities and it would be near on impossible to mass produce Shaving Brushes filled in genuine Silvertip as some claim.

I have a Simpson's Silvertip and it is incredible, nothing at all like the other 'Silvertip' hair on the market which is mostly just bleached and otherwise chemically treated - same deal with High Mountain White and so on.

I have a Simpson's Silvertip and it is incredible, nothing at all like the other 'Silvertip' hair on the market which is mostly just bleached and otherwise chemically treated - same deal with High Mountain White and so on.

that's what my mate says, regarding old Simpson and Plisson. Not vintage, but just from a few years ago.
I wish I could have now my old omega badger. By hair color it was like a silvertip / three band, and very nice and an expensive one (I got it as a christmas present 20 years ago). It could be pictured somewhere on my first SOTDS, as I reckon I lost it after being registered on shaving forums...

I am not as well versed in knots as others on this forum.

My thoughts the knot in the Paste and Cut brush is a great knot.i think it was sourced from elite razors from memory.

I have several brushes over the years with knots done by Lee and they are all outstanding.

The Shavemac brushes I have also have outstanding knots.

The one Paladin I have is also a great knot.

The knot I had from Alessandro the guy who makes ceramic brushes in Italy is outstanding as well.

I also have to point out I have about 2 Simpsons brushes but never had their highest hair grades.

I am sure they are amazing because their lowest hair grade knots are great